Not able to add I/O Link 2450 to trhe hub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not able to add I/O Link 2450 to trhe hub

When adding the 2450 to the hub, everything seems to work up to the last step when it displays "Updating Settings, Please Wait..." on the iPad. (or iPhone)
    And it never completes.
    I have tried different outlets, I have reset the I/O link and none of it helps.
    I have no problems with other units.
    I am using hub 2245-222, 1615 rev 1.3

The I/O Linc is powerline only. If you have a plug-in dual-band device such as a Range extender or LampLinc, try plugging into the I/O Linc's pass-through outlet before linking it.
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Thanks,
      I already hav 81 insreon devices scattered around the house, most of them dual band, but I still followed your suggestion and connected a lamplink directly to the I/O link pass through outlet but it did not make any difference.

just to clearify where it fails. I use my iPhone app, click on Add Device, press the set button on I/o link. The app finds the device, test communications successful, then it displays " Updating Settings, please wait..." And that never finish.

Ken

Comment

Try plugging to I/O Linc into the same duplex receptacle as the Hub (as a test). Any success?
        Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.

Comment

Tried that, same thing

Comment

Seems that the I/O Linc is defective.

Comment

Just got off the phone with INSTEON support..

1/ When I get stuck on that "Updating Settings.." screen, they told me to close the app, and then logon again.
              When I did that the app shows that the I/O link device is added. But can I trust that it is updated correctly?

If I go in and try to edit the device, it does come up in edit mode, and if I change something and click done, the same thing again. It get stuck on the "Updating Settings" screen.

If I now close the app and signon again, go into edit mode again, it shows that my last change did take effect, so I guess the change worked..

But I am still not like that it locks up before updating is complete.

2/ The support person logged on to my hub and added the device. He says that his screen did not lock up, he was able to go thru the whole setup without any problem.

If it works for support, using my hub, it cannot be a hub problem, right?
              Can it be an app problem?
              I have tried both iPad and iPhone, both are up to date.

Comment

You should be good to go

Comment

This I/O.link device keep giving me trouble. have a dusk dawn sensor (ls2v2) attached to I/link and I have added the I/O link to a "dusk" scene with two responders and that seems to work. The two devices in the scene turn on and off as I cover the sensor, but no other devices change.

Here is the strange thing. if I click on I/O link in devices, it turns on 34 of my insteon devices. All those 34 are part of my sunset scene, but the sunset scene contains other devices that are not turned on?

At one point I had the I/O link as a controller in the sunset scene, but it should be removed now, at least I do not se it if I look at the sunset scene. And I have also reset the I/O link after that so it shoud only have references to my new "dusk" scene.

I did factory reset of the I/O link the same way I do on other devices, hold down the set button while plugging it in and release after it stops beeping.

any suggestions?

ken

Comment

I added the I/O link to my sunset scene as both controller and responder, then I removed if from the scene. All this completed without any problems.
                    then I clicked on the I/O link on/off and nothing happened.
                    BUT 10 minutes later I tried I/O link again and now it turns on/ off ALMOST all of my lights, even lights that are not in the sunset scene. What is going on here?

Anybody knows what is support to happen when you click on the I/o link in the device panel. In my case, where it is the controller of two lights as configured in one scene, I would expect it to turn on/off those two lights, and nothing else?

One more question, the I/O link icon always has a red dot, no matter how many times I click it. What does the red dot mean? Communication error, nay be?

Thanks, Ken

Comment

Thanks.
                      You were right, I was two versions behind on my iPhone. Since I just returned the I/O link for a replacement, I cannot test until I receive the replacement.

Comment

Working...
                      X