I/O Linc Garage Door Control + chamberlain B4613T

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I/O Linc Garage Door Control + chamberlain B4613T

I previously had the I/O Linc Garage Door Control installed on a craftsman garage door but the motor died and I replaced it with a chamberlain B4613T but can’t seem to get the I/O Linc to open the Chamberlain garage door. The install should be the same as the craftsman but wondering if there is some extra step that you need to do with the chamberlain. Craftsman was pretty straight forward but not getting any luck with chamberlain. Any suggestions?

Does the new opener have a option for just a plain two wire push button control?
    If it is an intelligent model with some communications on the control wires you may not be able to control it or need a special optional interface board. Between the I/OLinc and the controls wiring. I found the manual and will give it a look.

Comment

Look at the control installation part of the manual. The vendor should have left with you or you can download it.
      The control uses an intelligent communications to and from the opener and control.
      Indicates it will not work with older protocol setups. Like the I/OLinc just momentarily pulsing the connections.
      You short the communications when the I/OLinc pulses.
      You maybe able to get an added RF remote and then modify it to pulse the remote through the I/OLinc. As a few others have done.

Comment

Another way would be.
        Open the controller and wire the I/OLinc to pulse the Open Closed button on the controller. As others have done.
        A new remote would be a cleaner way to go and would not possibly void the opens warranty.

Comment

I was able to figure it out as the newer chamberlain garage doors can’t just connect 2 wires to open the garage it uses some special signal through the remote. I put together a video that walks through what I did that may be useful for others who come across a similar scenario. https://youtu.be/iWSbkIHRmGQ

Comment

Glad you got it working.
            Thank you for the video.

Comment

Working...
            X