Using a plug-in module to control an IO Linc garage door

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using a plug-in module to control an IO Linc garage door

I've created a garage door scene to open/close the garage door using my IO Linc. The scene is shared by one of the scene buttons on my 6-button keypad by my front door which seems to be working fine. I tried adding a plug-in dimmer module in the garage (not actually connected to anything) as a way to physically open/close the garage from down there. When I first set it up it seemed to work, then I got a yellow light in the app. How should I set up this configuration? I have both the keypad scene button and plug-in module setup at BOTH responders and controllers, and the IO Linc garage door as a responder. Ideally, I'd also like to add a 5 second delay to the plug-in module in the garage to give me time to get out before it shuts... would that be a 5-second ramp rate??

Originally posted by TFitzpatri8
    The yellow indicator in the app means a signal issue, the Hub was not able to confirm device status. You may need to add another Insteon device/repeater to get around whatever is interfering with signals.

Negative on the 5 second question, not using Insteon scenes or a Hub. If they are linked, the IOLinc will react just as soon as you press the controller button. You’d need to use a more sophisticated control solution like an ISY to listen for signals, then wait, then control the garage. Or you could use a wireless Mini Remote from outside, after you clear the door.
    I've gotten it working, but only the physical buttons on the dimmer module can control the IO Linc - I can't control it from the iOS app (or Google Home) and it also does not sync the state with my keypad. IO Linc, keypad, and dimmer module are all set up as both controllers and responders.

Comment

Working...
    X