Garage Door opener kills power to wall switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garage Door opener kills power to wall switch

Apparently, for no reason, by Insteon Garage Door opener kit has started to shut off power to the original opener wall switch. This is not a fancy wall switch, just push the button to open/close.
    This happens if I use the Insteon app on my iPhone to open or close the door. After it competes the task, the I/O module has a bright LED light that when on, kills power to the wall switch. If I choose the Garage Door scene (I use a scene to open and close door) and select "off", the bright light on the I/O module goes to very dim and I have power to my wall switch.

The bright LED near the Set Burton. Is the Relay On/Off indicator. The constant Bright LED you are seeing. Means the relay is On. Acting like your manual button is constantly begin pushed and shorting it out. That is why your button is not working. Can't say about the programming but hope this may give you a place to start troubleshooting.

Comment

Problem is solved for now. I was able to follow your advice and set the Momentary duration from 2.0 seconds to 0.3 seconds and it’s working great! Thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X