2450 IOLink Does not Register

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2450 IOLink Does not Register

Using an IOLink with Veralite. It just recently stopped responding be seems to work okay manually. Goes through Factory Reset ok and relay toggles as does the sensor light. But Vera only recognizes it as an _Generic IO by the Insteon interface. Other IOLinc modules working fine. Any way to snap this one back into shape?

Thanks

Thanks, Tried that but still no go. It's plugged right into the same outlet as my PowerLinc. Seems to work ok electrically. Is there a way to re-flash these modules with new firmware?

Comment

Seems like Vera can't identify the module correctly.
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Don't have any other controller set up. Only veralite.

Comment

Is this a change?
          Like it was properly identified at one time and now it is not?

Comment

Yes. Worked for a few years but my controller had to be restored from backup. All other Insteon devices came back (Powerlinc, Dimmer module and 2 other IOLinc). This one is in an odd state. Veralite sees it's there but can't identify it as a combo device. I have a new one on order.

Comment

Try plugging the Vera device into the I/O Linc pass-through outlet.
              Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
              Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Originally posted by stusviews View Post
                Try plugging the Vera device into the I/O Linc pass-through outlet.
                Thanks for the suggestion. Tried it but no go. I think it's toast.

Comment

So as an update to this post. I ordered a new IOLink 2450 module which arrived today. I entered the INSTEON ID into my VeraLite MiOS panel and received the same error that the module could not be identified. All my other modules were configured by entering the ID manually without issue.

I then allowed the Verlite to auto detect the devices and after a couple of tries, it successfully found the new 2450.
                  I then plugged what I thought was the faulty 2450 back in and tried an auto detect and voila, it also detected it correctly. So the module was not faulty as I previously thought.

Can't explain why these two 2450's won't configure manually.

Can't explain this, but I now have an extra IOLinc.

Comment

Working...
                  X