Cannot communicate with xxx sensor, I/O linc 2450

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot communicate with xxx sensor, I/O linc 2450

I've been using a 2450 to control a water valve for watering garden for several years. One day I came home to find valve still open and water everywhere. Checking Universal Devices admin console, the sensor gave the subject error. I rebooted ISY, ended up resetting 2450 and reprogramming and all was well for a while, then it happened again. I had another 2450 that I then reset and programmed to replace suspect one. It does the same thing. I can turn valve on and off thru admin console but don't have any confidence that program will work while I'm away. I also redid the program, but that has no bearing on it either. Remember I've used this setup for several years and it worked fine, watering garden several times a day and shutting off. I have a new 2450 but will be gone for a few days. Any thoughts on this error? I have tried restoring device and writing to device several times, sometimes I get the error, sometimes not. PS, while writing this post, the Failed Communicating with error flashed on my screen again. Also as additional info, there is nothing connected to the sense input or terminal. Just power, ground, N/O and Common.

The 2450 is a power line only module. If there is a communications issue. You could be getting that message. Any changes in the home? Like a new electronic device that maybe effecting the setup?

Can you do a show a modules link database test from the ISY and then do a compare to see if it matches what should be in it?

The 2450 has the same basic type switching power supply as the 2413S PLM that has a reputation to fail after a few year. So another possibility is it starting to fail.

You may want to ask in the UDI forums as they may have more information on your problem.
    https://forum.universal-devices.com/

Comment

Thanks I just posted to udi. I don’t know what show modules test is. And yes I’ve added things to home, kinda hard to keep track. Just added echo and smoke det, etc. problem was occurring before that, though

Comment

OK will continue over on the UDI Forums.

Comment

Working...
        X