Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LED light bulbs starts blinking off and on.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LED light bulbs starts blinking off and on.

Anybody know why my LED light bulbs on track lighting above the bed will start blinking off and on. When I went to turn off one of them using the app you started blinking on and off. The other one just started doing it randomly. The only way I can remedy this is to uninstall they devise and then reinstall but the problem persists.

Thanks

James

Hello James,

Some of the most common issues are as follows in no specific order.

1. The LED load is not compatible with the switch and you can prove this by simply replacing it with a different LED / incandescent bulb as a test.

2. The switch has blink on traffic enabled which is normally turned off by default. This feature is only controllable via a software controller. If the controller you have in place does not show the option to turn off blink on traffic, blink on error, etc. Please complete a hard reset to bring the device to a OEM state.

3. The load is not high enough and to prove this simply add in a incandescent bulb to the string and report back if the blinking stops.

4. Sometimes the wiring is not proper - Please ensure you confirm all wiring bundles are secure using linesmen pliers and not simply relying on twisting the wire nut / Marrette.

Please report back success / failure to any of the above . . .
    Want to make a real difference? Please cast your vote to make the PLM Pro a reality: http://forum.insteon.com/forum/main-...t/8221-plm-pro

Comment

What is the model number of the Insteon switch controlling the problem LED lights?

Comment

Well, LED lights blinking are considered a design feature which indicates failure. I think you need to reinstall it or you can talk with your professional electricians, as they can identify the issue. Because these types of electrical problems commonly come from an outlet, light, or switch box, which affects part of one circuit.
        Like, I was also dealing with same issue where it had took place due to a poor connection somewhere in the system, where the
        electricians Bala Cynwyd PA helps me to identify the likely locations of the loose connection.

Comment

I faced the same problem few months back.

Comment

This started happening to one of my many bulbs. It looks like they are discontinued. I suppose a repeat flash is an indication the bulb is defective? If that is the case, is the only solution to force remove the bulb from all scenes etc?
            Last edited by paul1879; 01-02-2021, 10:49 AM.

Comment

The reason is due to the long-term use of the LED chip of the lamp has problems.

geometry dash

Comment

Due to a problem with the led, it may be about to fail. You just need to check and replace the new one is fine death run 3d

Comment

One simple thing is that your led lights are about to fail, maybe due to being used for too long and need to be replacedost
                  Last edited by INSTEON John; 05-19-2023, 01:19 PM. Reason: Erased hidden code linked to a non-relevant web site like spam

Comment

Working...
                  X