Issue with the 2474DWH 2-WIRE DIMMER SWITCH and LED Lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issue with the 2474DWH 2-WIRE DIMMER SWITCH and LED Lights

I recently installed the 2474DWH 2-WIRE DIMMER SWITCH and when I first tested them out on the already installed LED lights they would blink. Luckily i found a way to make them stop. I gradually dimmed the lights and one stopped blinking at 75% and the other at 80%. So I was able to get them to stop blinking and they are still bright enough for what I am using them for.

The 2-wire dimmer is meant for incandescent bulbs only. Using it with an LED bulb is likely to shorten the life of the bulb, perhaps to one or two years.
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Can you still control them by Insteon commands?
      Many LED bulbs may generate noise when used on a two wire dimmer. Made for incandescent and 120 volt halogen bulbs.
      Damage to both the bulbs and 2474DWH may or may not happen. Depends on the exact combination.

Comment

Yes, I used the insten app to lower the dimming to 80% and then both work just fine. In the app, I can turn in and off the LED via the 2 wire light switch and dimm the light. I just cant have them on full 100% or they start to blink.

Comment

Working...
        X