Documentation for HD Outdoor Camera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Documentation for HD Outdoor Camera

I just installed the HD Outdoor Camera 2864-232. I am using the browser to setup motion alerts but many of the fields are not documented. I downloaded the user manual and there are no instructions for managing alerts or setting up Email. Does anyone know where i can find doc on this?
    Insteon Hub II (2014) Model:2245-222
    20 Insteon Modules
    Outdoor HD Camera 2864-232
    HD Camera 2864-22X
    SD Camera 75790
    iPhone 7
    Apple Watch

Network > Mail Settings
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

I just found some documentation via google search. This should be part of the user manual. This doc has helped but does not match the selections I have with my HD camera. Mine does not show a separate tab for Alarm.
      Setting Up Alert Emails for HD Cameras This Guide assumes you have completed the initial camera setup. In the pictured e...
      20 Insteon Modules
      HD Camera 2864-22X
      SD Camera 75790
      iPhone 7
      Apple Watch

Comment

I have an update on my HD outdoor camera setup. I called support, call Que. had 11 minute wait, I requested call back which came in 15 minutes. The support person was excellent. She helped me install the Active X plug in for Explorer. I assumed the plug in was needed only to view the camera but it is needed to access the alarm tab on the settings screen. After the plug in was installed I was able to set motion alarms and Emails started working. Everything worked fine for about 6hrs then I got a flood of Emails, 1 per minute with no sign of motion in the pictures. I lowered the sensitivity and increased the interval between motion detect to 15s. Did a camera reboot and all seems to be working fine now.
        20 Insteon Modules
        HD Camera 2864-22X
        SD Camera 75790
        iPhone 7
        Apple Watch

Comment

Working...
        X