Outdoor IP Camera won't connect with WIFI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outdoor IP Camera won't connect with WIFI

I can't connect my new Insteon HD IP Camera 2864-232 to wifi. I have connected it via ethernet. Verified my wifi name and password match the same network that my iPhone 6 is on. When I disconnect the ethernet and restart, the camera will not connect via wifi. I have redone the install via iPhone app several times and also verified the settings via web browser on my Mac. I checked the firmware on the camera (system 1.9.1.12) (App 2.54.1.38), Is there a setting I am missing. It seems like the camera doesn't try to connect to wifi.
    Insteon Hub II (2014) Model:2245-222
    20 Insteon Modules
    Outdoor HD Camera 2864-232
    HD Camera 2864-22X
    SD Camera 75790
    iPhone 7
    Apple Watch

WiFi is very location dependent. Establishing a link is significantly more intensive than maintaining one. Bring the camera closer to the WiFi source, usually a router. Establish a wireless connection, then move the camera the the desired location.
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion. I was working within 5 feet of my wifi router. I am not sure why but I plugged the camera in after being off power for 8 hrs and it connected to my wifi. Possibly it needed more time off the network before restarting to force it to follow the wifi path. Now I will move it near my planned install location to see if it has a stable wifi connection.
      Insteon Hub II (2014) Model:2245-222
      20 Insteon Modules
      Outdoor HD Camera 2864-232
      HD Camera 2864-22X
      SD Camera 75790
      iPhone 7
      Apple Watch

Comment

There are some troubleshoots, if your IP camera won't connect to WiFi:

Check that the antennas are fixed well.
        Make sure that wireless IP Camera is powered on.
        Ensure the password is correct.
        Check the SSID in WiFi Settings.
        Make sure there is no signal interference.
        Check that the IP Camera has the correct IP address.
        Update the IP Camera firmware.

Hope This Will Help You.
        CCTV installation companies

Comment

Working...
        X