Motion Detection floods e-mail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motion Detection floods e-mail

I have a problem where when it rains, snows heavy, or heavy fog....or lots of bugs, the motion detection continuously sends notification e-mails. Hundreds of them. When it gets over 500, my ISP disables my ability to sent e-mail for a day. I'm sure if it continues they will drop me thinking I am a spammer. Is there a way to stop the camera from sending e-mails if it detects more that a preset amount of e-mails is reached for a half hour or so? I am sure other people have this issue. Really frustrating when you have multiple outdoor cams. I manually shut of motion detection when I know an event is coming but that is impractical. I have also tried lowering the sensitivity, but then it doesn't pick up much at all.

Thanks,
    John

There are some troubleshooting point to fix this issue:

Update the security camera firmware or firmware of NVR/DVR to the latest version.
    Update the monitoring software or apps.
    Change cameras placement or pointing angle.

If you did all above and the problem is still there, readjust sensibility and change other motion detection settings like decreasing sensibility to object size, decreasing contrast to the min, resetting Geo-fencing, resetting motion detection schedule or resetting threshold level.
    CCTV installation companies

Comment

I cannot find the way to get to the sensitivity buttons for motion detection. Video or snapshot settings have no location of any controls they show in the manual. The insteon service was worthless with not speaking english then saying they will try to get back in 3 or 4 hours. WHAT! Where is a simple button to adjust the sensitivity so wind blowing trees doesn't send an email every few seconds. Page 66 of the manual is nowhere to be found in the IP cam client. That window that had the areas is not to be found either. Where is the access buttons? Ugh. this is so frustrating.

Comment

My biggest problem is spiders stringing webs across the lens. Never mount your camera out of reach!

Comment

Working...
        X