Video will not stay in HD mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video will not stay in HD mode

Set all my HD cameras to HD (2 wired and 1 wireless). They always switch back sown to low res on their own. Why is this happening and how to fix?

There are four non-HD settings. Which one does the camera revert to?
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

2/VGA/15fps/1M....I normally have set to 0/720P/30fps/4M

Comment

Just tripped over something. I use IP cam viewer on Android and when I select the HD Camera, the view on my copputer and android drops to low res. Select high on computer and it goes to high and shuts ip cam viewer off. But not consistently.....sometimes IP cam viewer will show the high res. The camera I have selected in IP Cam viewer is FOSCAM FI9805W (thats what pops up when I type in Insteon).

Comment

Select Settings>Video>Video Settings>Refresh. What are each of the five "Main stream video setting" set at?
          Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.

Comment

0, 720P, 4M, 30, 30

Comment

Try setting the bit rate to 2M. Don't forget to select Save.

Comment

Figured it out. IP Cam has a setting that selects the video rate. I set it to 4 thinking that was the fastest....needs to be 0 to match the setting on the camera. Appreciate the assist. Have another issue, will start a net topic. Thanks,
                John

Comment

Working...
                X