Plug-ins and FTP no longer work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plug-ins and FTP no longer work?

If you're running macOS Mojave you've probably discovered that Apple has pretty much crippled Insteon. They removed Safari's ability to run the plug-ins Insteon requires, and they finally killed their own internal FTP server for security reasons. You may find instructions for how to install another internal FTP server, but don't get your hopes up. Apple will squash it at runtime. The solution is to buy a third-party app that does FTP. I'm using FTPServer, which costs $6 on the App Store.

To get back the camera grid view we lost in Safari, Insteon now recommends using the FoscamVMS app — which is a buggy pile of crapware.

It is really disappointing that Foscam and Insteon failed to keep up here. SFTP has been around for 15 years so it's not like Apple just sprang these changes on the smarthome industry. Many of us rely on these Insteon cameras to protect our families and our property. A security system needs to be secure, and it needs to anticipate and survive multiple system upgrades.

Actually to make more clear Safari 12 broke the plugin, I was on version 11 and sometime yesterday version 12 was installed and I do not remember doing that. I have not Migrated to Mojave yet on my main computer.

Comment

Working...
    X