Lost access to video feed & video files :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost access to video feed & video files :(

I've been able to access my IP Camera ONLY by using FireFox as it was the only browser that I'd tried (IE, Chrome, Opera, Safari and FireFox) that would run the IPCWebComponents plug-in.
    Well, apparently FireFox was updated, and now it too shows the dreaded 'Plugins are not found, Click me to download' message! I've attempted to re-install the plugin, but to no avail
    I've sent in a support request to Insteon, so I'll see how far that gets, but I just wanted to reach out to see if anyone's been able to access the video feed and video files from their HD IP Camera via a computer browser.

I may have found a 'temporary' fix to this
    FireFox (like other browsers) have been removing support for plugins, but recognize that not all websites (like that on the HD IP Camera) support the new standards. So, they are making available an 'Extended Support Release' version of FireFox!
    This ESR version will only work until 'Early 2018', so it gives Insteon a year to come up with an updated firmware with an updated web server for the HD IP Camera.

The location of the ESR information is https://support.mozilla.org/t5/Probl...-no/ta-p/31069
    If you look near the bottom of the page under the "I'm having problems" section, you will find a link to download the ESR -- note that it specifically states that the 64 bit version will ONLY support Flash and Silverlight...if you want other support (like this camera), they tell you to download the 32 bit version.

I can confirm that I downloaded the 32 bit ESR, installed it, re-installed the plugin (don't know if I had to re-install it), and it's working again on my 64 bit Win7 machine

Of course, come Spring 2018, I'll be back in the same boat!

Comment

After much time trying to figure out why my plugins no longer worked, Steve's solution (above) WORKS. THANK YOU!!!

Comment

I am having same problem. I have clicked on your link but it isn't there. Do you have an updated link? Thanks, Bear

Comment

Working...
        X