DDNS for 75790 Cameras offline?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DDNS for 75790 Cameras offline?

I have 4 Insteon 75790 SD cameras that have worked great for years. Yes, they're only SD, but they get the job done.

Recently I noticed I can't access them outside the house. It appears that myipcamera.org is down. All my cameras are working, I can access them from within my LAN just fine. Nothing has changed on my router - port forwarding is still in place just as it always has been,

I'm assuming this DDNS service is gone now. Is there a way to reconfigure them to another DDNS so that I can get this functionality back?

There are a bunch of free ddns services around now, but I use NoIP.com. I've been using it for about 10 years, and the only issue I have is just clicking renew every three years so it knows Im still active

Assuming you are using an app, not Insteon's app, you would just go into the camera settings of the app (probably for each camera) and update the IP address to whatever you ddns address you set up, but leave the port info alone. The port rules wont be affected by this.

If you are using a browser you would just use the new ddns address from noip.com and add the port number to access the camera.

Comment

Working...
    X