IP Camera without Hub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IP Camera without Hub

I was interested in buying a new HD camera but it appears you have to use the hub in order to get connected?????
    Is there a way to activate the camera with out the hub similar to the way a SD Camera is done???

It's possible. The manual and computer software on Smarthomes website details how to do this.

Comment

The manuals only show the Insteon aspect of it now.

The HD versions work just like the SD versions and will show up on the IP camera tool. You will see a different UI and a lot more options but pretty much the same thing.

The only real issue I experienced was I never figured out how to get SD cameras mixed in with HD cameras on the multi camera view but it is not a big deal because my app will do it.

Comment

Looking at the manuals on the smart homes web site under setting up HD Camera it clearly states that you must use the hub to set up the HD camera??????
        So now I am totally confused???? Under setting up a SD camera it shows how to do with out hub but not HD Camera.
        Does anyone have a clarification to all of this????? Sorry for being a dummy.

I have no intention of using a hub. Don't want it or need it.

Thanks for all your responses and help.

Comment

The cameras are just rebranded Foscam cameras with OEM firmware. Insteon will not help you with the internal settings and as such markets the cameras for use the with the Hub only.

Comment

Insteon cameras do not require a hub.

Insteon support provides a process for installing HD cameras without a hub under MAC OS or Windows. If using Windows be sure to use Internet Explorer and not Edge; there is a browser addon for viewing camera output that is required and doesn’t work with Edge. Other browsers may or may not be compatible.

Use the following link to get started:
            https://www.insteon.com/support-know...-started-75790

FYI comparable Foscam cameras at 1080p are configured the same as Insteon HD (720p) cameras.

Comment

Thanks all. Really helps me a lot. I will give it a try now.

Comment

Working...
              X