Is Insteon Discontinuing Cameras?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Insteon Discontinuing Cameras?

I am looking around on the Insteon, SmartHome and Amazon sites to add another couple of Insteon cameras to my setup and there are almost none available anywhere. Can't find the outdoor ones and only references to the 720 indoor. Anyone know if Insteon is discontinuing or releasing new models?

Not sure about being discontinued , but doing a search it is very scarce if not zero and a couple used ones on ebay.
    However Newegg does list them on the website available.
    My opinion and I have 3 of the silver ones along with about 25 devices from them, the cameras are the worst product from Insteon.
    My feeling is its not the camera maybe being axed but the company as a whole, nothing is telling me that they will be around for awhile due to brick and morter stores dropping them, no new or up and coming devices posted. Cameras I don't thin are Insteons forte anyway.
    Don't get me wrong I love Insteon stuff for the most part but I have seen Logitech do the same thing with their security cameras, the Alert, I still have 12 running but they pulled the rug out on people, dropped the line of cameras and brought out the Circle cam, and left all people with thousands invested in Alert cams fending for themselves due to cameras failing after one year and knowing they had a bad product. Looks familiar.

Comment

Harrumph. NOW you tell me. I gather they don't offer much support for the installed base, either.
      Jim Speiser
      Payson, Arizona

Insteon/X-10 since 1985 | 200+ Insteon devices (and one Zigbee!) | USB PLM | HomeSeer 3 | Current WAF Level: -12

Comment

Does anyone have any Insteon HD cameras they want to sell?

Comment

Originally posted by ZBear View Post
          Does anyone have any Insteon HD cameras they want to sell?
          I have 3. I don't really WANT to sell them, but talk to me. [edit] through IM.
          Jim Speiser
          Payson, Arizona

Insteon/X-10 since 1985 | 200+ Insteon devices (and one Zigbee!) | USB PLM | HomeSeer 3 | Current WAF Level: -12

Comment

Which models and what is your "I don't want to sell them" price?

Comment

I'm way late to this party, but I have two of them I am interested in selling. I'm asking for $75 each plus shipping, but am willing to negotiate, especially if you want to buy both together. Works well, but we just upgraded to some newer equipment. The cameras were originally purchased refurbished but has worked just fine for years. And I'm sure you already figured out by now that Insteon has, in fact, completely discontinued its entire line of cameras.
              Hub: Hub 2 (39:35:10) | Phones: Samsung Galaxy S7 (Android 8.0) | Insteon devices: 25+

Comment

Working...
              X