updated plugin for macOS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

updated plugin for macOS?

I recently upgraded my Macs to newer versions of macOS and the browser plugin doesn't work properly -- it won't show the video on the outdoor cameras (but the other controls appear and work fine), and for the newer indoor HD camera it says to install the plugin, even though I already did that.
    Does anyone know if there's a working plugin for Safari or FireFox on Sierra/High Sierra/Mojave for indoor/outdoor HD cameras?

I have the same issue now.

I heard through the grapevine that Foscam (the camera manufacturer) is working on an updated plugin. They are usually a month or so behind the Apple update.

Comment

For security reasons browsers have been eliminating plug-ins. With the recent upgrade to the Mac Safari 12. the only plugin allowed is Flash. I contacted Insteon and they are working on a fix for Safari. In the interim I used an older computer running Windows & IE to access my camera so I could make changes to the settings.
      Insteon Hub II (2014) Model:2245-222
      20 Insteon Modules
      Outdoor HD Camera 2864-232
      HD Camera 2864-22X
      SD Camera 75790
      iPhone 7
      Apple Watch

Comment

I hate to state the obvious, but Insteon/Foscam/SmartHome need to get on the ball here. There was ample warning that Safari 12 was going to break them. People rely on these cameras for home security. I have 10 of them, and now I can't see them or manage them. In fact the whole Alarm section is missing now, so I can't access those settings from the browser or from the Insteon iOS app. How about sending out regular status updates on something this important, Insteon?
        Last edited by Scenario; 12-19-2018, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X