Connect.Insteon.Com?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connect.Insteon.Com?

I'm a little behind, so forgive me, but isn't connect.insteon.com a DNS service? Is it still going? I see the website is available, but I can't seem to log into it, it doesn't recognize me. How do I get registered for it? If it's no longer a valid resource, why is it still running?
    Jim Speiser
    Payson, Arizona

Insteon/X-10 since 1985 | 200+ Insteon devices (and one Zigbee!) | USB PLM | HomeSeer 3 | Current WAF Level: -12

What are you using to connect for it? That website was designed for the Insteon hub so if you don't have one it wouldn't connect for you. It's not a DNS service for general use.
    Last edited by lilyoyo1; 08-14-2018, 06:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by lilyoyo1 View Post
      What are you using to connect for it? That website was designed for the Insteon hub so if you don't have one it wouldn't connect for you. It's not a DNA service for general use.
      Ah. OK. I'm trying to hook up my Alexa skill, and that's where it takes me for account verification. I don't have a hub; does this mean I will not have Alexa control of my IP cameras?
      Jim Speiser
      Payson, Arizona

Insteon/X-10 since 1985 | 200+ Insteon devices (and one Zigbee!) | USB PLM | HomeSeer 3 | Current WAF Level: -12

Comment

Insteon does not have the cameras hooked up the Alexa service and you would need a 2245 hub to be able to use the Insteon lighting with Alexa.

I did find an Alexa skill named: IP RTSP/RTP Security Cameras

You might be able to use that.

Comment

Originally posted by SeanM View Post
          Insteon does not have the cameras hooked up the Alexa service and you would need a 2245 hub to be able to use the Insteon lighting with Alexa.

I did find an Alexa skill named: IP RTSP/RTP Security Cameras

You might be able to use that.
          Thanks for that, I'll look into it.

And by the way, maybe I'm defying the laws of physics here, but I use Alexa to control Insteon lighting every day and twice on Sundays. Without a hub.
          Jim Speiser
          Payson, Arizona

Comment

Working...
          X