Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anonomous camera in Android app (no video)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anonomous camera in Android app (no video)

Hi, after creating a new Insteon account (installed new hub2), I can get all my devices to work EXCEPT for the camera. I have multiple installs on the app of an "anonymous" camera, and it just keeps searching with no video shown. When I first setup the camera via hardwire to router, I was able to see video. But as soon as I selected secure WiFi during the setup procedure, I get nothing. I have re-installed the Android app, re-started both the hub2 and the router.....Can I test the camera with a direct IP address in a browser? I believe the camera is on port 25106 while the rest of the hub is on 25105?

First, delete the Anonymous profiles in the Hub app.

Log in to the camera directly using its internal IP and port #, and go through the wifi set up process in the camera. That will eliminate any weird issues where the Insteon app may not be setting the right info on the camera. (Setup assistant software works with both SD and HD models: https://www.insteon.com/support-know...a-wifi-desktop )

After the camera is on wifi, go through the add camera process in the Insteon app. It will be counter intuitive, but select hard wired setup The app should still find the camera, but bypass the wifi set up piece. Then just save the camera and move on.

I have heard of issues when users have a mix of SD and HD cameras on the Hub.

Comment

Working...
    X