Can't view IP Camera remotely

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't view IP Camera remotely

Have a 75790W14 installed and running wireless on my home router. Camera is plugged directly into the wall. When i am in the house and use the camera tool it is recognized and i can view and operate the camera fine on my laptop. When i leave the house and no longer are on the same network i cannot log on using my laptop.

My question is:

Does my camera need to be plugged into a hub to view it when outside the house?

If so what hub do i purchase?

Will i then be able to use the APP to login using my cell phone or tablet?

Thank you!

xmaseel16,

Don't know that you've gotten this fixed yet. If you have, GREAT. If not -

I use the iPhone Hub app to access my camera from outside of my network. At the same time, I can also use the Foscam app to do the same. Both required that I set a fixed ip for the camera. With the Foscam app I also had to open a port in my router.

I don't remember how the remote URL for the camera got into the Hub app. It's there when I open the app on my iPhone. But some of the remote URL setup is done within the camera as well as the router, and getting that info pushed to the app may be automatic. Both the local and remote URL's can be seen in the Hub apps settings for that particular camera.

I might also add that if your home network is on a dynamic IP that can be changed at any time by your ISP, you need to setup a means for tracking that through No-IP.com or DynDNS or other service. Foscam happens to offer one for it's camera and I use it for the Foscam app..

Comment

If a camera is installed on the hub and the hub already has port forwarding for accessing outside my home network will I have to do a separate port forward for the camera or will it be able to be viewed like my other devices once I add it to the network?

Comment

I have basically the same problem.

I have 3 Insteon PZT indoor cameras already installed.
        I installed a new "Device 55" Insteon HD camera
        Paired successfully with my HUB, using the Android app to make the connection.
        Changed the IP and port for the camera (via the Android app).
        Set up a specific route for the camera (to match the new IP and port).

From the internet, if I use a standard browser and go to http://remoteip : port , I get the camera with the streaming video as expected. So I know the route I set up on the router is working.
        If I use the App from my Andoid device from the internet (not on the LAN), I can see all my cameras except the new one.
        The same is true from the Windows 8 Insteon App.
        If I use the Android App from the LAN, I can connect to the all the cameras including the new one.

I've tried rebooting the Hub.
        I deleted the device and added it again. Same result.

Feels like the problem is at the Hub, since I can directly access the camera from the WAN.

Any ideas?

Comment

The Windows app currently does not support the HD camera.
          Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
          Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Yeah, I read that. Just included that detail for the sake of being thorough.

Comment

I wanted to add to this, I know its a bit late to this conversation, but this issue appears to still exist. What I have figured out displaying the cam video on a mobile device it depends on the type of LAN you are connected to. I found at my work when on their LAN i can not see the cam video, however, as soon as i switch off WiFi and go on LTE the video display. The best I have figure out is my company is running a firewall so they are blocking various kinds of traffic and the ports it may be coming in on. If connect to the public hotspot it works as well. This also seems to be true for the Mobile Insteon App and third party cam apps.

So if you connect to a LAN which has various levels of security you may not be able to connect to your cam on your home network.

Comment

I have been facing the same consequences.I want to include with it that I am unable to view the footage of my Arlo Ultra in Internet explorer for a couple of days.I have checked the manual configurations and settings as required.Guide us if we have missed out anything to follow regarding the arlo app for pc ?
                Last edited by SeanM; 03-05-2020, 08:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by natasha67 View Post
                  I have been facing the same consequences.I want to include with it that I am unable to view the footage of my Arlo Ultra in Internet explorer for a couple of days.I have checked the manual configurations and settings as required.Guide us if we have missed out anything to follow regarding the arlo app for pc ?
                  You need to check with arlo. This is for insteon support
                  Last edited by SeanM; 03-05-2020, 08:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X