No announcement yet.

Amazon Echo/Alexa integration in Canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alexa Voice Service (AVS) enables developers to integrate Alexa directly into their products, bringing the convenience of voice control to any connected device.

Comment

I also have the same issue and setup a US account and it works great. The great thing about using the US account is that they also have family memberships, so if you have more than one person in the house you can both have an account on your Echo devices. I do wonder if this is due to the dual official languages in Canada.

Comment

Hi all,

The Insteon skill for Alexa is now live in Canada! Thanks for the patience as we got this published. As some users noted, releasing the skill in Canada should not take a considerable amount of time on its own. However, this update is packed with a lot of upgrades that had to make its way through the Alexa certification process. The skill now supports Alexa's newest APIs, which is most visible in the Alexa app. Your devices will show up with new icons, device status (brightness, etc.), and more.

Isaac posted some more information in another thread here: https://forum.insteon.com/forum/main...274#post104274

Thanks!
        Last edited by Sean (Insteon); 05-15-2018, 01:49 AM.

Comment

I noticed that last week. I will give it a try. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X