No announcement yet.

Alexa Integration Issues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For all that are experiencing the 'hub not responding' message, we would appreciate it if you test heavily tomorrow (Wednesday 12/12) and report back via Direct Message to me the date/time and include your hub ID once again. Thank you for your support while we continue to investigate this issue.
    Insteon Stats
    User since: 2005
    House has: 35 devices (+ 20 or more so for testing)
    Managing with: Hub 2 & Director

Comment

I experienced the issue this morning 12/14/17 around 8:20 am. ID is 45:50:C3. I did a re-discover afterwards which has temporarily corrected the problem.

Comment

Happens. Every. Day.

Comment

Originally posted by rgnet5 View Post
          Happens. Every. Day.
          Not everyday for me but today it happened out of the blue.

Comment

Every other day. Don't know when it will happen which is confusing. Not corret after insteon update this week. Insteon says its amazon and they need to do a permanent fix but when will they get this done? Frustrating.

Comment

Having same problem here. Will PM the info next time I can. Have any of you seen that this is resolved?

Comment

Two episodes yesterday. PM'd info. Hope this is fixed soon before my wife throws everything in the trash.

Comment

I’ve actually had no issues since 12/23. Fingers crossed.

Comment

1-6-28 To follow up on previous posts it appears the problem may have been resolved. What made the difference with me was rebooting my routers. Hub was connected to a router which was behind another router. After rebooting both the problem was resolved? I had not done this previously so not sure if this in addition to any fixes resolved the problem.

Comment

I tried to fix this issue in own ways. So to integrate Alexa issues what should we try such as the smart device which we are used should be updated to the new version? Sometimes without updating Alexa not responding. We can remove the smart device skill from Alexa and added it again. Connectivity problem is also big issues when Alexa is not integrated. Place smart device in the central location. We can also solve Wi-Fi problem by reset and restart device and router and any more.

Comment

The problem is back! The fix didn’t hold. Happened again tonight at 10:31 ET.

Comment

Originally posted by rgnet5 View Post
                          The problem is back! The fix didn’t hold. Happened again tonight at 10:31 ET.
                          Interesting...mine happened last night around the same time as well.

Comment

Sometimes I have to repeat the command 3 times, and the ironic part is she acknowledges each time "OK". Then she either follows through or fails and reports Insteon hub is not responding.
                            Maybe I have a unique problem or it is significant in some way, inconclusive, I will leave that to Insteon and Amazon to determine.

Comment

Still getting the "insteon not responding..." multiple times a day now. It's consistently getting worse.

Any updates?
                              Last edited by mikepine; 01-26-2018, 08:57 AM.

Comment

OK. Its better and has gone from getting it every 2 days to maybe every week. It also seems to correct inself overnight which might be a clue to whats happening. What happens overnight either on Amazons or Insteons side that might correct it? Here is a really interesting thing I have found and does point things more in Amazons direction. I will use alexa app or device to try and turn on a light and get the response people are talking about "insteon hub not responding..." If I immediately try using Google Assistant and try and turn on the same light it works consistenly. I will then go back to Alexa and try and it does not work and get same error response. So there appears to be some difference between amazon and alexa and the interaction with insteon. I of course want to use the Alexa devices as I have them in several rooms in my house. I hope this might trigger some thought process that may allow insteon/amazon to completely fix it.

Comment

Working...
                                X