Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi - Can I send someone a self addressed stamped envelope for a C4 and C7 capacitor? I took my dead 2245-222 hub apart and noticed C4 is clearly burnt, but would like to swap out C7 while I'm at it. Shipping for these components online seems to be 3-4 weeks minimum.

Thanks a lot.

Comment

C7 is typically the one that needs replacing. C4 tends to look burnt but tends to be functional

Comment

Hello all. My hub was completely dead. I replaced c7 capacitor and now it powers on but most of the time it will not link to any devices. When I open the app all devices are yellow. Occasionally it will work but only long enough to toggle one device once. I’m thinking about just replacing all capacitors but not sure. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Comment

Glad I found this thread. I also had a dead (no status light, ethernet connectivity lights, reset button did nothing). I grabbed a 47 uF 65V cap and replaced C7 and it's now working again.

The old cap didn't look like a typical failed cap, no expansion or blown top or bottom.

Thanks again!

Comment

I recently had the same issue with my Insteon hub not powering on right around the two year mark. I followed the instructions from this post and replaced the C7 capacitor and now I am getting continuous power.

Everything seamed to be OK until I tried to logon to the Insteon app. For some reason now I cannot logon to the app with my phone and connect to the hub. I have confirmed I am using the correct username and password and the internet is working. It seams as if I lost the connection with my hub through the process mentioned.

Has anyone else come across this issue and any suggestions on a fix?

Comment

Hello

Having been an Insteon User for many years and dealing with the frustrations of having multiple devices and complex scenes only to lose them when the Hub 2245-222 just suddenly fails and the power light will not come on. In this instance the only option to date is to get a listing from Insteon of your device codes re-enter them under a brand new account, and then one by one re create the scenes.
              We have started a repair program for these units that have failed. We can fix the hub so that it powers up once again with all your DEVICE CODES AND SCENES INTACT. NOT HAVING TO RE ENTER INFORMATION AND YOU CAN USE YOUR EXISTING USERNAME ACCOUNT. Once we repair the hub all you will have to do is plug it in and wait for the green light indicating that it has gotten a gooD IP address from your router here is the Ebay link for the repair service.

INSTEON HUB REPAIR CENTER. WE WILL REPAIR ALLINSTEON HUBS MODEL 2245-222 THAT NO LONGER POWER ON. BY REPAIRING THE HUB ALL DEVICES DO NOT NEED TO BE RE-ENTERED, AND ALL SCENES ARE INTACT. Suite 179. | eBay!

Comment

Bolowenborg

Call Insteon support give them the Device ID on bottom of unit they will then tell you what email address the unit is tied to.

Comment

If your Insteon Hub model 2245-222 has stopped working (no LED on front of the hub), Insteon will either repair or replace it, even if it's past the 2-year warranty - restrictions may apply. Please follow these steps to take advantage of this service:
                  1. Double-check that the Insteon Hub hasn’t simply been unplugged from power (yes, we’ve seen this happen)
                  2. Take a photo of the underside of your hub (we are looking for both the Insteon Hub ID and the revision number). Please ensure that it is a clear photo and that the text and numbers are legible.
                  3. Attach the photo along with proof of purchase to an email that includes your name and address and send to hubfix@insteon.com. Indicate whether you would prefer a replacement or a repair. Read the details below to see which option makes sense for you.
                  Should I get my hub repaired or replaced?
                  Insteon devices are uniquely paired to the Insteon Hub and therefore tied to that hardware. While we are working hard on a way to migrate these links, today the option to preserve links along with account information is only possible through a hub repair. Repair does take time to process (up to 1 week after receiving the hub) and in rare cases hubs are not repairable due to the nature of a failure. Once you receive the repaired hub, simply reconnect it and you’re all set.
                  If your house setup is small or you don't mind factory resetting Insteon devices and reconfiguring your account, getting a replacement hub is the better long-term solution. While it’s possible to add a new hub without resetting your Insteon devices, it’s important to know that device communications will be degraded and sensor battery life reduced since these devices will continue to try and “talk” with the hub that is no longer there.

We hope you find this information helpful.
                  Insteon Stats
                  User since: 2005
                  House has: 35 devices (+ 20 or more so for testing)
                  Managing with: Hub 2 & Director

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac View Post
                    If your Insteon Hub model 2245-222 has stopped working (no LED on front of the hub), Insteon will either repair or replace it, even if it's past the 2-year warranty - restrictions may apply. Please follow these steps to take advantage of this service:
                    1. Double-check that the Insteon Hub hasn’t simply been unplugged from power (yes, we’ve seen this happen)
                    2. Take a photo of the underside of your hub (we are looking for both the Insteon Hub ID and the revision number). Please ensure that it is a clear photo and that the text and numbers are legible.
                    3. Attach the photo along with proof of purchase to an email that includes your name and address and send to hubfix@insteon.com. Indicate whether you would prefer a replacement or a repair. Read the details below to see which option makes sense for you.
                    Should I get my hub repaired or replaced?
                    Insteon devices are uniquely paired to the Insteon Hub and therefore tied to that hardware. While we are working hard on a way to migrate these links, today the option to preserve links along with account information is only possible through a hub repair. Repair does take time to process (up to 1 week after receiving the hub) and in rare cases hubs are not repairable due to the nature of a failure. Once you receive the repaired hub, simply reconnect it and you’re all set.
                    If your house setup is small or you don't mind factory resetting Insteon devices and reconfiguring your account, getting a replacement hub is the better long-term solution. While it’s possible to add a new hub without resetting your Insteon devices, it’s important to know that device communications will be degraded and sensor battery life reduced since these devices will continue to try and “talk” with the hub that is no longer there.

We hope you find this information helpful.

This is really great to hear. If you ask for a replacement would you just be getting a 'refurb'? My hub says it's rev 1.4 - 4015 so just wondering if its worth going thru the pain of resetting my devices or just waiting for mine to get repaired.

Comment

Originally posted by rajung View Post
                      I currently now have a dead hub, also.could you give me part numbers and where you purchased the capacitors ? I can not find anything on a web search for those 2.thanks
                      I've been reading this thread with interest since my 2245-222 (rev 1.4 -3615) went dark on me. I looked on Digikey for the parts, but I don't know which specific capacitor to choose; there are many options.
                      ​​Can someone help steer me to the correct part numbers? I plan on replacing C4, C7, C11 and C13. Thank you!

Comment

• DanielP
                        DanielP commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Hello. Please do not attempt repair on your own. Please refer to Isaac's post above for repair or replacement.

Hello
                      Please note that this topic has been closed. Insteon does not recommend attempting self-repair in these instances, and provides repair or replacement for such cases. Please refer to instructions found here for how to proceed.

Comment

Working...
                      X