Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't remove switch from scene

Hello,

I've got a problem where I can't remove a switch from the scene. The switch is no longer listed in the app, but it continues to respond to the scene. I don't want to recreate the scene as it's complex.

I've removed the device from the scene, but it still responds.

I've deleted the device from the hub, but it still responds.

I've done a hard reset on the switch, it stopped responding, but now I get a red indicator on the scene.

I re-added the device to Hub, still the red indicator.

I re-added the device to the scene, everything works.

I removed the device from the scene once more, and it still responds to the scene.

Like I said, I really don't want to delete & recreate the scene - how can I fix this?

Did you every get a resolution to this? I have had this problem since 2014. This only happens with Android devices.

Comment

If the switch is only responding to the scene command coming from the app and nothing else you can assume that the software is not successful in un-linking the switch from the Hubs PLM even though the software shows it is no longer a part of that scene. If that is the case you can manually unlink the switch from the Hub.

- Put the switch into unlink mode
      - Go to the Hub and press and hold it set button until you get a double beep.

Comment

Same problem here, but I don't want to remove the device from the hub-- just one scene. The scene no longer shows the device, but the activity previously assigned to that device still occurs.

Comment

If the device does not shoe in the scene, but still responds, then there's no choice. Manually remove the switch as suggested by SeanM and the re-add it.
          Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
          Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

I manually unlinked the switch as suggested above and deleted it from the Insteon app (Android). The scene still controls the switch.

Comment

I've seen this issue with several of my devices and scenes. I'm not crazy about doing this, but given the large number of changes/adds/deletes I've done to my configuration over the years, I've decided to do a compete reset on my system come spring (devices and hub). Won't have time or access to do it until then.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew View Post
                I manually unlinked the switch as suggested above and deleted it from the Insteon app (Android). The scene still controls the switch.
                You may need to do a Factory Reset as described in the full Owner's Manual. There is no shortcut, you must follow each step.

Did you get the long beep?
                Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.

Comment

By "Long Beep", if you mean the beep from the hub confirming the unlink, yes.

Comment

No, the long beep from the device that you are factory resetting. I never timed it, but it's in no uncertain terms much longer than a few seconds. Make one wonder if it will ever stop.

Comment

Ugh I am having the same issue and I even went so far as to delete the scene entirely and recreate it and the device still gets triggered!

Comment

This is an old thread, but this issue still is occurring in android version 1.9.8
                        Add a device to a scene (switch, outlet, plug module, multi 6/8 button switch) to a scene and then choose to remove that device at a later time the software reports that the device is removed from the scene but the device continues to operate... After some troubleshooting I noticed that when removing devices with the Android app the device being remove never beeps even when the software says it is gone.

A easier fix for those who find this post later vs the recommended deleting the device..... IF you ALSO have an iOS device.......add the insteon device you want removed from the scene back into the scene via your iOS device and then remove it via the iOS app.... it does remove the device.

I found this after nearly pulling my hair out getting ready to leave for a week long trip and wanting to have a single module in a temporary scene but it continued to operate and in the process added a light switch to the scene and had it stuck in the scene too.... . After giving up and and pulling the pin out of the light switch to manually turn it off and unpugging the module i gave up.

After reading this thread i decided to check what would happen if i added the device back in on my ipad and then removing it... and it works correctly now.

Insteon support... this is clearly an Android app bug that has been an issue since late 2016 ... can we fix this in 2019 please?

Comment

JLEE's answer worked! My wife has an iPad so I installed the app, added then deleted the device from the scene and it worked! Thank you!

Comment

I've found a work around work for lighting scenes controlling several devices / lights. I wanted to remove a device from the lighting scene but found I could not delete the device successfully as per above so I just set the device lighting level to 0. The other lights in the scene turn on but the device level set to 0 does not. I can always reactivate it in the future should I desire. NOT the BEST solution but a solution none the less.

Comment

I have purchased an IOS device and found it does work in most situations BUT After re-adding the device or devices, I still find it easiest to set the lighting level to 0 to stop that particular device from turning on. You must re-add all deleted devices from the scene in order to effectuate the desired change if other than re-setting the on/off schedule

Comment

Working...
                              X