Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Controlling Insteon with Control4

Hello experts out there.

The problem with living in NZ is that the Insteon RF frequency is non standard at 921 MHz and so the range of Insteon products available to us is greatly reduced (grrrrr). The Insteon hub that we have is model 2242-522

To interface to the control4 Driver apparently requires the Insteon PowerLinc Modem (2413S) but I assume that this is on the 915 MHZ RF band and so will not be compatible with our controllers?

Has anyone in Australia/New Zealand actually got an Insteon network controlled from Control4 and if so, how?
    Does the 2413S need an RF connection to work? ie will a powerline only connection suffice?
    Is there a version of the 2413 that is configured for our part of the world?
    Are there any workarounds?

I need to be able to control lighting and scenes via control4 in order for Insteon to even be considered a practical lighting solution.

Kind regards all and thanks in advance.

Karl

The 2413S PLM is 120 VAC 60 Hz only.
    Your country is 230 VAC 50 Hz. Even if you could step down the 230 volts to 120 volts and get the power line commands through the step down device. The power line frequency is incorrect. Along with the 915MHz RF.

I have seen mention of some of the 2242 line of HUB's being modified to make them a serial PLM but have no added information on where they where being sold.
    The network daughter board was exchanged for a serial port daughter board. I suspect the firmware was also redone.

Comment

I would engage this company as they have been modifying HUB 2242-522 for Australia to work with the ISY Series Controller. Perhaps they can modify one to your regions frequency: http://superstore.vikingcomms.com.au...-isy994-use-12

Regardless of the final outcome would you please circle back with the forum members as to what happens. As this information will prove helpful to those following your foot steps.
      Want to make a real difference? Please cast your vote to make the PLM Pro a reality: http://forum.insteon.com/forum/main-...t/8221-plm-pro

Comment

Evil is correct. Envious, the Australian Insteon distributor, confirmed that they have had customers go there to have there 2242-522 (921Mhz) hub converted to a PLM for use with the ISY.

The link below will take you to a company that has a C4 driver for the 2242-222 Hub. I would recommend that you might check with them to see if they know if it will work with the ISY and/or the 2242-522 Hub.

https://www.houselogix.com/shop/insteon-v2#reviewAnchor

Comment

Thank you all for replying !

I will explore further and if I get a solution, will report back to this forum. Given that Insteon is a brilliant lighting solution, it would really rock if it can talk to Control4 in Australasia.

Kind regards all and thanks again

Karl

Comment

Just to follow up, Houselogix said that they have sold this driver Internationally and can return it if it does not work.

Disclaimer - you need to be a C4 dealer in order to get it.

Comment

Thanks again guys. Yup I am a C4 installer so all good re the driver. Just a matter of what can talk to what after which it should be good to go.

cheers!

Karl

Comment

Guys, do you have the link of a company that sells modified 2242 hub with serial port to integrate with ISY?

Comment

Working...
                X