Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HomeKit hub (2243-222) can't tell if I flick a switch manually?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HomeKit hub (2243-222) can't tell if I flick a switch manually?

Hi, so I have a HomeKit hub and a whole ton of Insteon dimmer switches throughout the house. If I remotely control the dimmer switches via the Insteon+ app, everything works fine. The hub/app recognize the state the switch is in, and can control it great.

However, if I manually flick a switch on or off, and then open up the Insteon+ app to see what is says, the hub/app have no clue what the new state is.

Is this expected behavior? In my mind, the hub/switch should be smart enough so that everything is kept in sync. I opened a support request, but so far have heard nothing.

Thanks!

The 2243 is only aware of 2243 initiated control, either by the target device or a scene controller.
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

This seems pretty crappy to me. Thanks for the info, but it's making me seriously reconsider my HomeKit hub purchase.

I'm hearing that Insteon Dimmers + Indigo software + homebridge can basically do way better than this thing.

Comment

The Hub is an entry level device. If you need/want something more sophisticated, then you'll need more costly software or an ISY. IMO, the ISY is the best choice as it does not require a computer to be powered on 24/7 and is OS independent. It does require an app such as MobiLinc for iOS control.
        Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
        Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Working...
        X