Deleting a Phantom Command

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deleting a Phantom Command

I have just experienced a new problem with a 2242-222 that I installed and set up about a year and a half ago. There are 19 device addresses and it has been functioning without issue since set up.

I made a couple of "schedule" revisions in the first six months after installing the hub, but have not made any changes since then... in fact, I deleted the Insteon app from all devices about six months ago.

Several weeks ago, several devices set to one address have started coming on daily... I have yet to pin down the exact time, but it is probably around sundown. I originally had one other address set to come on at sundown, but deleted that schedule event about six months ago.

I reinstalled the app, connected with the hub, then went through the entire schedule list.

The "phantom event" device address was not anywhere in the schedule, nor were there any devices set to come on anywhere near the time that this "phantom event" occurs.

As far as I can tell, there is no way to download and investigate the database, nor is there any way to "purge" the schedule database other then delete the individual entries... wouldn't work anyway, since there is no event associated with the device id.

In the next couple of days, I am going to first, try to monitor the "ON" time, then I will power down the hub to absolutely confirm that the signals are coming from the hub although it is the only device that I have that issues commands other than keypad controllers which have no time based event capabilities.

Anyone have any ideas on how to track down this event and/or force a fix of this problem?

Beverly Howard

Select Edit Devices, choose an errant device. Does it show any scene memberships?

BTW, Each Insteon device has a unique address that's hard coded in the device, so it's not possible to give several devices the same address.
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Working...
    X