No announcement yet.

Cannot connect to Hub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I shall get on to this tonight! I have now removed the Insteon+ app.

The hub was bought second hand - really just to have a look see if it was the sort of direction that I wanted to go in. The on/off module was bought new though.

I think I will have to contact Insteon.

Thanks TFitzpatri8 - your post explains why I'm having problems. Thanks

Comment

I'm trying to contact tech support at Insteon

Comment

Success! I got the hub deleted from the previous owners account. Insteon sent me this:

If the previous owner did not delete the account, you would need to send in an email to custsvc@smarthome.com
        In the subject of the email, please include “Hub Account Deletion Request”
        Include a photo of the bottom of the hub where we can clearly see the hub’s ID number.

I then did a reset of the hub

Step 1: Remove power from Insteon Hub.
        Step 2: Press and hold Insteon Hub Set button.
        Step 3: While continuing to press and hold the Set button, re-apply power to Insteon Hub. Insteon Hub will begin to emit a long beep. LED will turn red.
        Step 4: After beep stops, release Insteon Hub Set button. After a few seconds, Insteon Hub will double-beep. LED will turn blue. LEDs on the Ethernet jack will flash.

It's all working great!

Thanks to all for the help.

Comment

Originally posted by SeanM View Post
          The 2245-222 model will handle the 220V regions but you will have other issues. (The marking were changed for US reasons.)

The RF frequencies between the two products are different. The 2245-222 runs on ~915Mhz while the XXXX-422 products run on ~869Mhz. That means that you will be relying solely on power line communication and will not have the benefits of RF. The EU model Hub is not expected to hit the market until the 4th quarter of this year.
          Hi, You said "The 2245-222 model will handle the 220V" is that true? thanks

Comment

I'm pretty sure the voltage rating on the back of the box says 110 to 230VAC

Comment

The power inlet jack on my 2245-222 Rev 1.0-4014 {yes one of the earlier revisions}. Says 100-240V, 100mA, 50/60 Cycles. Later one maybe different.

As SeanM indicated it is labeled for US area use, uses wrong Insteon RF frequency for your -422 and -442 and is NOT certified for use in your area of the world.

Comment

Thanks everybody on the forum. I sorted out i think, someone on other post also mentioned the board is printed 120-240V inside the box. i am pretty confident to plug in with 240V now.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Preston View Post
                  Success! I got the hub deleted from the previous owners account. Insteon sent me this:

If the previous owner did not delete the account, you would need to send in an email to custsvc@smarthome.com
                  In the subject of the email, please include “Hub Account Deletion Request”
                  Include a photo of the bottom of the hub where we can clearly see the hub’s ID number.

I then did a reset of the hub

Step 1: Remove power from Insteon Hub.
                  Step 2: Press and hold Insteon Hub Set button.
                  Step 3: While continuing to press and hold the Set button, re-apply power to Insteon Hub. Insteon Hub will begin to emit a long beep. LED will turn red.
                  Step 4: After beep stops, release Insteon Hub Set button. After a few seconds, Insteon Hub will double-beep. LED will turn blue. LEDs on the Ethernet jack will flash.

It's all working great!

Thanks to all for the help.
                  Thanks a lot mate. you saved my two days headache. Success

Comment

Working...
                  X