Accessing the Insteon 2245-222 Hub via web interface

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accessing the Insteon 2245-222 Hub via web interface

I am able to log in without any app because i [would like to also be able to change setup and configurations via the desktop web browser. i can get as mentioned but there is very limited functionality. i was just reading that on the new hub (Insteon 2242-222R) the web interface is also limited but can be extended by simply adding "/networking" to connect.insteon.com". there are others available and essentially allow access to configure the hub almost entirly from the web browser. is this possible with the 2245-222 and if so, how?
    Thanks

The 2245 requires that configuration (e.g., adding/deleting devices, creating scenes/schedules/alerts etc.) be done using an app. A browser allows only using what's already been configured.
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

i understand, it's 2015. most people probably have multiple devices at home, from smartphones to tablets, etc but i think it is very big limitation for this product.
      is there a particular reason why it is setup this way?

Comment

I would love this as well. And i hit my hubs ip with a browser on 80 and got nothing am bummed. apps are ok but browsers are everywhere

Comment

BahamaBum,

Control of scenes and devices added to the Hub is available at connect.insteon.com
          Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
          Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

I can login and see the icons but none other than the bottom navi icons work. Chrome here.

Really neeed something that works when internet is down. its florida it is down at times and after hurrinanes often for weeks.

Comment

The Insteon 2245-222 Hub is a home automation device that allows users to control Insteon-compatible devices through a web interface. It supports voice control through Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant and can be used to create schedules and scenes. It also provides remote access to the home automation system
              Last edited by INSTEON John; 05-19-2023, 12:39 PM. Reason: Erased hidden code linked to a non-relevant web site like spam

Comment

This also appeals to me. And I checked my hub's IP address in a browser on port 80 and got nothing. Apps are nice, but browsers are everywhere
                Last edited by INSTEON John; 11-07-2023, 04:38 PM. Reason: Erased hidden code linked to a non-relevant web site like spam

Comment

Working...
                X