Set up Second House

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Set up Second House

I have two houses and each have an Insteon Hub. In the earlier software it required two login IDs and I had to log out of one house to log into the second. Now I see that the software can handle two houses but it seems that the setup assumes that the second hub had not been previously set up. Is there a way to had the already set up second house without starting over?
    iPhone 6 App 1.11.0 iOS ver 9.1
    Hub 2242.222 Rev 2.0

I believe I may be experiencing the same or similar issue. When I try to add my second house the software asks for the login and password for the second house. However after entering the credentials I use to log I to that house I am brought right back to the login screen.

Comment

Is there any documentation about how to set up a second house that already exist? I can't find anything.

Comment

Settings, House Management, Add a House
        Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
        Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

I know that this is an old post, but I just got a Hub2 2245-222 and ran into a similar issue. I could not get off the first screen, until I added another account. So now I have two accounts. Is there a better way to do this?

Comment

Two accounts or two Hubs?
            Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.

Comment

I just learned from tech support, that both hub modules need to be the same type..for example hub 1 and hub 1 or hub 2 and hub 2. You can't mix a hub 1 with a hub 2. So it is either and un-fixable bug, or a poor design. To get around this I use 2 different accounts. Account 1 for Florida home and account 2 for New Jersey home. Good luck.

Comment

Jcattani,

That's not correct. I'm using an original Hub (2242-222) for one house and a Hub II (2245-222) for the other house, one account for both.

Comment

Stusview
                  can you tell me what you are doing? It is preferred to have one account. Thank you

Comment

Settings, House Management, Add a House.

Comment

Originally posted by Jcattani View Post
                      I just learned from tech support, that both hub modules need to be the same type..for example hub 1 and hub 1 or hub 2 and hub 2. You can't mix a hub 1 with a hub 2.
                      ​I ran both (a Hub I and Hub II) on the same account. Easily switched back and forth as needed. Eventually, mightated all devices over to Hub II and decommissioned Hub I last week.

Comment

i am trying to add a second home to my account so I can install a hub, etc in the second home, but I do not have "Settings, House Management, Add a House" in my settings. I have "Devices, Scenes, Rooms, Schedules, House and Account" options. none of these have an "Add a House" option. any suggestions?

Comment

Which app?

Comment

Posting some followup info on an old thread when i was trying to solve similar issues:...

I had purchased a secondhand hub to be a simultaneous backup to a Hub2 (2245-222) that had failed (C7) but was repaired.
                            First step was to change the original hub from being on port 25105 to 25104 so they would not conflict (Android App: Settings: House: Port)
                            Second step was to reset (delete the prior owner's account association) on the secondhand hub by calling SmartHome tech support http://forum.smarthome.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14625
                            I confirmed that the account was cleared by going to http://connect.insteon.com/getinfo.asp
                            and saw that "Configured Connect Account" had changed from "TRUE" to "FALSE.
                            Tech support indicated that Insteon Android App can NOT support multiple houses with a single email account - that was only possible on iOS App.
                            So third step was to create a new insteon email account (I happened to use a separate phone for this) and it quickly found the secoundhand (now unconfigured) hub.
                            When the App asked to input the HUB's Username and Password, I choose to scan the QR code. After QR code was scanned, I could briefly see the correct username and password in Android App but then it quickly removed them. I tried to redo a few times, but same behavior. Finally, I just pressed OK even though they appeared blank and the App did complete the hub setup anyway.

Both hubs now work in one home - on one phone, I just i have to go back to the login screen on the Android App and change between the two email addresses associated to each hub.

Comment

Working...
                            X