Alert Messaging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alert Messaging

I have added another motion detector to my system in the garage. It seems to work, kinda. I am having the following problems.

​- Though I have renamed it, the alerts (Text) sent to my phone use Motion Sensor 2
    ​- I often get two alerts for each activation. Though the timeout is set to 7.5 mins. The alerts come seconds apart.
    ​- If the hub loses connectivity, it seems the alerts are lost. Is there no queue? I understand a temporary network outage will delay the alert, But I still want to know my house is flooding, even if it's 10 minutes later.
    ​- Date/Time stamping is someone strange. This is the time stamp
    "Date: 05:56:40 AM GMT-08:00 12/29/2014"
    This is for an 8:56 alarm. The hub knows the local time, why does it use this screwball way of stamping?
    ​- I have noticed that sometimes I don't get the notifications. I can log into the hub and see that the sensor is activated, but the message is never sent.

Any thoughts?

Hate to revive an old thread, but I am having the same issues. 2 notifications are being sent via sms for each event. Also the time stamp is 1 hour off, even though my hub has DST enabled and is the correct time.

Did you have any resolution for this?

Comment

No. Years later it's still the same. I get sometimes a dozen notifications.

Comment

Working...
      X