LAN Access Only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LAN Access Only

I just ordered quite a few Insteon products, including the new Hub for a new construction project.

At install, Internet will not be available.

Can you locally connect and authenticate with the Hub using the Windows 8 app over LAN, without outside network access to Insteon network?

Also, can I fully use the Windows 8 application to configure all devices, keypadlincs, and scenes?

In reverse, yes, you can use Windows 8+ to configure devices and scenes. Not every device is supported. I haven't tried every device and don't have a list.

No, internet access is required as the Hub is cloud based.
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

What do I need to order to configure devices and keypads without internet? I'm a bit confused how the hub works.. does it just sync device config and enable remote control via cloud?

Majority of my devices are inline wired dimmers for can lights, then the others are dimmer switches. Then a few keypads.

Come to think of it, I need to make a new post seeking review of the topology I designed to ensure it conforms. Will update this thread once posted.

Comment

Topology schematic thread at http://forum.insteon.com/forum/main-...view-requested

Comment

You can accomplish what you want using an ISY or software. The Hub require internet access to configure the Insteon network (add devices, create scenes, schedules and/or alerts). Once configured, the network (device, scenes) can be accessed from a browser.
          Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
          Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Originally posted by thowle View Post
            geometry dash lite
            I just ordered quite a few Insteon products, including the new Hub for a new construction project.

At install, Internet will not be available.

Can you locally connect and authenticate with the Hub using the Windows 8 app over LAN, without outside network access to Insteon network?

Also, can I fully use the Windows 8 application to configure all devices, keypadlincs, and scenes?

It depends on the exact setup and the capabilities of the Insteon products and app you are using. In general, local control of Insteon devices can be accomplished through the Insteon Hub, even if an internet connection is not available. This would allow you to control and program your devices, keypadlincs, and scenes using the Windows 8 app over a local area network (LAN) connection. However, some advanced features and remote access to your Insteon setup may not be available without an internet connection.

Comment

Originally posted by thowle View Post

At install, Internet will not be subway surfers available.

The Windows 8 app is capable of configuring all devices, KeypadLincs, and scenes. You should be able to set up your Insteon system entirely through the Windows 8 app, without needing an internet connection. However, some advanced features, such as remote access and voice control, require an internet connection.

Comment

Working...
              X