Cannot create Insteon account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot create Insteon account

I have a brand-new kit with new Hub 2. Plugged into router and wall (no power strip). Light is steady blue.
    Installed the Insteon Hub app on my iPad. Created account. Got email that my account was created. Got text asking to reply with code to confirm that I wanted to get text alerts.
    When I reply with the code it says "Invalid code. Try again." I try again, same response.
    Then I try logging in on my iPad app. It says Authentication failed.
    I tried logging in on the beta browser site instead. It says "The user name or password provided is incorrect."

I reset the Hub to factory default, and try creating another account with a different email address.
    Same results all around.

Tried a third email address, still no go.

Perhaps the new account servers are down? What else can I try? Support is not available on a Sunday...

I have the same issue. Rather annoying not being able to use my new toy!

Comment

I Also have the same issue. So far, that Hub 2 is a nice powered paperweight!

Comment

kcanrah & bmo, you are both getting "Invalid code" and "Authentication failed"
        Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
        Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Same problem here too. Have tried for last 4 days. Tech support has 24 minute wait. I have not yet received my Insteon Hub. Just getting IOS app installed and ready. Is this a sign of things to come with this product??? If I can't get this worked out within next 24 hours, I will not even open the box when the hub gets here, I will just return.

Comment

Tech support chat told me that I must have hub installed first. IOS app didn't specify this but I'll go with it. Should be here tomorrow. By the way, the chat service only had a 3 minute wait.

Comment

Here's my update. Just received hub. Installation was incredibly simple. Plugged it in, went to IOS app and created new account. It configured hub and sent me the text message code. Code worked! Everyone works great so far!

Comment

What would cause it to show authenticating failed? What am I missing? I followed the instruction completely. This is very frustrating.

Comment

Originally posted by Smann72 View Post
                  What would cause it to show authenticating failed? What am I missing? I followed the instruction completely. This is very frustrating.
                  That's usually the result of an incorrect user name or password. Have you ever set up an account? Is the Hub you have new, refurbished or used? Which Hub do you have, 2242 or 2245?
                  Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
                  Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Originally posted by stusviews View Post

That's usually the result of an incorrect user name or password. Have you ever set up an account? Is the Hub you have new, refurbished or used? Which Hub do you have, 2242 or 2245?
                    I'm having the same issue. The support line was of no help. I followed their 10+ steps of typical factory reset everything, new port, and new cable, etc.

I have confirmed the device is on my local network as I can ping it from a Mac on my wireless network along with pinging it from my firewall. I have the 2242 device. The set up is firewall -> switch w/ wireless -> 2242. I see there's a "default port" on the sticker on the bottom. I opened on my firewall, but no bueno. I've attempted to verify their network can reach it through the https://connect.insteon.com/getinfo.asp link, but it won't connect. I'm sure there's some other firewall rules that are needed. Anyone get this going through a firewall?
                    Last edited by syates9770; 04-03-2015, 10:52 AM. Reason: Never mind, UDP port for forwarding was needed. Only had TCP. Would be nice if they put that in the directions.

Comment

I am having the same problem. I have been trying to set up my new account since we volunteered to reset up the hub and start over. I deleted all the devices after deleting scenes and deleted the app account. Now I can't get it to find the hub as a new account on the IOS iphone4S but did get so far on the Android tablet to the point of adding the hub user name and password but then it couldn't find the hub. I am getting a little frustrated. Thanks for any help anyone can give me.
                      iPhone4s - iOS 7.1.2
                      iPhone3 - "remote" IOS 6.1.6
                      iPod
                      Android tablet Version 4.0.4
                      Hub II: 1F.66.64
                      Firmware: 5679
                      Bin: Hub2-V04-20140904
                      PLM: 9D

2 ip cameras
                      2 smoke detectors w/ smoke bridge
                      1 Motion sensor
                      3 keypad