Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Setting up an Insteon hub that was reset to factory defaults with existing account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Setting up an Insteon hub that was reset to factory defaults with existing account

I removed my Insteon hub, dimmers, and keypads from my old home and I am now looking to set it up in a new home. I reset the hub to factory defaults per the instructions and am looking to set the hub up in the Insteon app with my existing account. When I sign in to the app, it searches endlessly and never finds my hub or give me any other options like scanning a QR code. How do I proceed. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

As i know connect the Insteon hub to your router or modem using an Ethernet cable. Ensure that the hub is powered on and connected properly.

www.prepaidgiftbalance.com
    Last edited by borrisdeb23; 06-09-2023, 10:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rmuzer View Post
      I removed my Insteon hub, dimmers, and keypads from my old home and I am now looking to set it up in a new home. I reset the hub to factory defaults per the instructions and am looking to set the getaway shootout hub up in the Insteon app with my existing account. When I sign in to the app, it searches endlessly and never finds my hub or give me any other options like scanning a QR code. How do I proceed. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
      You can try following these steps:
      1. Connect the ethernet cable to your router and plug in the power cable.
      2. Connect the cables to Insteon Hub. Wait until the Insteon Hub beeps and its LED turns from red to green.
      3. Choose the app for you:

- Download the Insteon Director app if you are using Hub 2 (2245-222) and you have lighting control products and sensors.

- Download the Insteon for Hub app if you are using a Hub 1 (2242-xxx) or Hub 2 (2245-xxx) and plan on using legacy devices such as Insteon cameras, Siren, and other non-lighting devices.
      4. Follow the on-screen instructions to scan the Setup Code and configure Insteon Hub.
      5. Add your first Insteon device by tapping its icon from the available device types and following the on-screen instructions.

Comment

I removed my Insteon hub, dimmers, and keypads from my old home and I am now looking to set it up in a new home. I reset the hub to factory defaults per the instructions and am looking to set the hub up in the Insteon app with my existing account. When I sign in to the app, it searches endlessly and never finds my hub or give me any other options like scanning a QR code. How do I proceed. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. Live The OrangeLife Login
        You can Ensure the hub is properly connected to power and your new home's network. Confirm you're on the same Wi-Fi network as the hub. Check if your new home's router settings allow device discovery. Restart the app or try reinstalling it. If issues persist, manually add the hub's MAC address in the app's settings. If still unresolved, reach out to Insteon's customer support with your hub's details.
        Last edited by Evancox; 08-10-2023, 09:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rmuzer View Post
          I removed my Insteon hub, dimmers, and keypads from my old home and I am now looking to set it up in a new home. I reset the hub to factory defaults per the instructions and am looking to set the hub up in the Insteon app with my existing account. When I sign in to the app, it searches endlessly and never finds my hub or give me any other options like scanning a QR code. How do I proceed. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. Follow My Health Portal
          You can following these steps for fix the issue:
          1. Make sure your Insteon hub is connected to power and your home network.
          2. Ensure that your smartphone or tablet is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your Insteon hub.
          3. Open the Insteon app and sign in with your existing account.
          4. On the app's home screen, tap the "+" icon to add a new device.
          5. Select "Insteon Hub" from the list of available devices.
          6. The app should start searching for your hub automatically. If it doesn't, try tapping the "Search" button or refreshing the app.
          7. If the hub is still not found, try power cycling your hub by disconnecting it from power for a few seconds, then plugging it back in.
          8. If the issue persists, you may need to perform a hard reset on your Insteon hub. Refer to the manufacturer's instructions for the specific steps.
          Last edited by victormarcel09; 09-25-2023, 08:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X