What can a hub do for me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What can a hub do for me

After reading the documentation, and some internet searching I can’t really tell what functionality a hub offers without a subscription vs with a subscription. Is it essentially useless without a subscription, or are there some things I can do without a subscription? I’m currently using homeseer with a few dozen devices in the house.

thanks
    Tom

Correct, you can’t use Insteon system without a hub and subscription now. If you can buy an Insteon PowerLine module (PL plug in device) you can use 3 rd party hubs like Homeseer or Universal devices DIY hub.

I installed a 6 button switch that allowed me to control my devices when Insteon servers went dark. The 6 button switch was pricey already before the servers were scuttled.
    Share Science - Share Knowledge - Share Kindness

Comment

Originally posted by sciclops View Post
      Correct, you can’t use Insteon system without a hub and subscription now. If you can buy an Insteon PowerLine module (PL plug in device) you can use 3 rd party hubs like Homeseer or Universal devices DIY hub.

I installed a 6 button switch that allowed me to control my devices when Insteon servers went dark. The 6 button switch was pricey already before the servers were scuttled.
      Well, you're not exactly correct here. Insteon devices do work without a hub because you can link them together into scenes. Having a hub like the Universal Devices ISY now called PolISY or EISY makes it easier to link the devices remotely otherwise you use the set pushbutton on the device to put into link mode. Download the Instructions that come with a device to read about how this works. I'm not sure how the Insteon Hub performs which is why I reading thru the Forums.

Comment

Ok, thanks. I will keep it in my mind. I am new here.

Comment

Working...
        X