Insteon Hub red light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon Hub red light

Insteon hub had been working perfectly until last week. Now it has a red light. Rebooting didn't help, but I tried the link to find the hub and it was found. We are subscribers. Is there any other troubleshooting I can do?

Morning!

I am having the exact same issue as you. It's like when Insteon turned off the lights originally. I did email support, but I haven't heard back yet.

Comment

Hi,
      I also had the same problem yesterday, I went to the forum looking for help but couldn't find it, did you find the solution to this problem
      Last edited by INSTEON John; 05-19-2023, 01:40 PM. Reason: Erased hidden code linked to a non-relevant web site like spam

Comment

Originally posted by hahntim View Post
        Insteon hub had been working perfectly until last week. Now it has a red light. Rebooting didn't help, but I tried the link to find the hub and it was found. We are subscribers. Is there any other troubleshooting I can do?
        Mine has been red since the cut-off for NON-SUBSCRIBERS. But all my Insteon devices still work because I have HOMEASSISTANT running on a Raspberry Pi 4B 8Gig. In my Firewall, I have blocked the Insteon hub in/out access from/to the Internet. As long as the hub lives, my devices are happy with Homeassistant.

Comment

Hi,

I have the same problem. Have you fine any solution?

Comment

If the LED on the front of your Hub is red or off, we recommend a power cycle (unplug the hub from power, wait 30 seconds, plug it back in and wait up to five minutes). If the light on the front of the Hub turns green you should be good to go. If it continues to stay red, double check that the network cable is properly connected to the Hub and to your router. For more details on troubleshooting, visit our Hub diagnostics page: https://www.insteon.com/support-know...on-diagnostics

One good test to see if it indeed is a potential hardware issue is to connect the Hub to another network and see if it turns green after a few minutes. Maybe a neighbor or a friend? I would not recommend attempting to repair your Hub before confirming the Hub will not connect in a different network environment.

If your Hub LED stays red/blinking red/off even after that test, it may need to be sent in for refurbishment to current factory specifications. For details, visit: https://shop.insteon.com/products/repair-service-for-insteon-hub-2245-222

Please feel free to email support directly.

Comment

Same red light for the 3rd day. Subscriber. WTF?

Comment

After they restarted under the new management.
                The HUB servers where again being accessed by the HUB. For all to use.
                They now have changed HUB servers access to users that have bought a subscription to access the servers.
                If I understand correctly. No subscription no HUB access to the servers.

Comment

I have paid for subscription but got red light, day 4.

Comment

Sorry I misread that you had a subscription.
                    Have you tried contacting the Insteon Customer Service on the matter?
                    There are also messages about a HUB failing with power supply issues. So that is another possibility.

Comment

Originally posted by Marsianin View Post
                      Same red light for the 3rd day. Subscriber. WTF?
                      Hello, please contact support directly at https://www.insteon.com/support or email us at support@insteon.com

Comment

great post

Comment

Are you tired of tedious, inefficient project management? Our project management service makes organizing your projects simple and stress-free. With features like streamlined task-list creation, detailed task tracking, real-time team collaboration time and attendance systems for small businesses, and integrated reporting, you'll have everything you need to make managing projects easier than ever. Watch our video now to learn more about how our service can help you work smarter and faster.

Comment

Working...
                          X