Hub 2422-222 Replaced with Hub 2422-222

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hub 2422-222 Replaced with Hub 2422-222

Hi, My old hub 2422-222 died on me, so I purchased another 2422-222 from eBay. The new hub light is blue, but I cannot log into the app. Yes, I paid the subscription. Any idea of how to fix it? I have emailed Insteon Support many times and they do not reply back. Thanks Brian

2242-222 is the older HUB.
    Did the original owner remove their registration of the replacement HUB from their account?
    Your old and replacement HUB have a different six digit ID and your original HUB is still probably the registered with the APP.
    Insteon support maybe able to fix the registration.
    Though you will still have another issue. The original HUB's six digit ID is in all the modules link database you where controlling and will not respond to the new HUD's ID.
    Customer support may have suggestions for you on that matter.
    There are repair threads on changing the capacitors in the HUB so you can use it after being fixed and not have to do any registration or module link database changes.

Comment

I had a similar issue. My 2242 completely died. No light on. I purchased a NIB one from Ebay and had the same issue. No light at all in the front. I'm wondering if Insteon stopped supporting these older hubs. I've written them as well to ask.

Comment

Thanks for sharing, I found a lot of interesting information here. A really good post, very thankful and helpful that you will write many more posts like this one.

TellPopeyes Survey Code
        Last edited by Carter11; 10-31-2022, 01:27 AM.

Comment

Hello, please contact support directly at https://www.insteon.com/support or email us at support@insteon.com

Comment

Hi all. A comment based on much frustration with "the hub". I'm on my third unit. 3. Never in my many, many years of anything electronic have I had a piece of equipment so unreliable & poorly designed. Telling me which capacitor to replace is not enough. After doing the recommended repair, the unit is now clicking at about once a second. I guess I could use it as an expensive metronome. A schematic may be helpful. This makes the new Insteon Director useless to me. When everything worked I was satisfied. Not now.

Comment

I'm moreover looking for a reply, Because I am other than having an indistinct issue. Tolerant help! Surge Card Info
              Last edited by Angela5326; 11-11-2022, 09:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Carter11 View Post
                Thanks for sharing, I found a lot of interesting information here. A really good post, very thankful and helpful that you will write many more posts like this one.
                Yes, this is a very good article.
                Last edited by INSTEON John; 09-06-2023, 03:17 PM. Reason: Displaying links to external sites that have nothing to do with the topic - SPAM

Comment

Working...
                X