Was my Hub Bricked?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was my Hub Bricked?

My hub worked fine until August 1st. I did not subscribe to the service.
    Now there is not a red light or green light. There is also no network activity from the hub's port.
    Was my hub bricked by insteon for not subscribing? Seems to great a coincidence.

I purchased one year to see if anything would come online and emailed Insteon support.
    Still dead and no word from insteon.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Please advise

I received a friendly reminder email today explaining that, without a subscription to the cloud service, the light on the front would stay green but access from the Insteon apps and the cloud connection to 3rd party services (Alexa & Google and other 3rd party apps that use the cloud API) would be disabled.

If you see no lights on the hub at all, check for power. Make sure it didn’t get unplugged or the power strip or attached wall switch didn’t get turned off.

Comment

It is plugged into a fully functional outlet and it is way to coincidental for it to fail on the day the free service was terminated. There are absolutely no lights. In my opinion it was bricked until someone can prove otherwise. Want to know if anyone else has this issue??

Comment

I had subscribed and my hub was working fine and then it just died last week. All lights off - checking on line i found lots of posts about the power supply failing. Because Insteon stated that that they could refurbish the hub, I paid for the service and sent the hub. I was just told it could not be refurbish (no explanation) and that they would send me one that has been refurbished, but that i would have to rebuild all my links. (I dont understand why all my data is on their servers) I have not heard back from them. I hope this helps

Comment

The groups (links) and the basic device info are stored in the cloud. That is how the app knows what devices to activate/shut off when you or Alexa/Google issues commands. It also does the config of new devices to hub and cloud.

Your hub may have more issues than a cap replacement will fix or it can't be upgraded to current standards so they are in essence replacing it. That they couldn't exchange and retain the old login info is curious--was it a really old hub model?

Comment

I paid for a two year subscription on July 19th (that was processed) and my service was canceled. I've e-mailed support@insteon.com multiple times... is there some other way to get in touch with them? Has anyone else experienced this where they paid and it was canceled?

Comment

Working...
            X