Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would a new Insteon Hub be able to pick up all previously programmed data?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would a new Insteon Hub be able to pick up all previously programmed data?

Hi my Insteon Hub and one of the 0-10V dimmer have died probably a year ago and so far all the switches, dimmers, etc are working fine. I guess when the scenes were programmed initially they were actually stored on the devices being managed, not actually on the Insteon Hub itself?

If I want to get my phone to control again I guess I need to buy a new Insteon Hub but when I plug in the new Insteon Hub how can I get it to join the existing network of devices? Would it be able to pickup the data from the existing switches, dimmers?

Alternatively should I consider the Universal Devices ISY996? When I put together this system I heard the ISY was easier to work with but I can't remember whether it still needs the Insteon Hub in order to speak to the switches and dimmers.

As for the 0-10V ballast dimmer (Model # 2475DA2) that died I see the product have been sold out for over a year without restock. Is this unit discontinued? And are there other places that actually have them in stock?

The ISY994i does not need or use a HUB.
    It does use a 2413S PLM that also is out of stock for a long time. For Insteon and X10 modules. Though rarely a few do show up.

I don't have a HUB. From what I have seen no it will not find your other devices. I understand Smarthome can provide a replacement through Customer Service. That should have all the modules data in it.

Comment

BLH hi how do you mean by Smarthome can provide a replacement? From what you describe this means I need to go search for all the devices addresses and enter into the new HUB or ISY994i and do all the linking again?

Comment

Customer service is supposed to have a way to provide you with a list of devices. But if you have a new HUB it will have a new six digit ID and would have to be reprogrammed into all the modules.
        At one time they had a service where they could program the new HUB with the old ID and module information in it. I don't know if it is still bring used. Maybe a call to customer service may give you more data.

Comment

https://www.letsavebig.com/best-numb...s-for-tattoos/

Comment

Originally posted by BLH View Post
            Customer service is supposed to have a way to provide you with a list of devices. But if you have a new HUB it will have a new six digit ID and would have to be reprogrammed into all the modules.
            At one time they had a service where they could program the new HUB with the old ID and module information in it. I don't know if it is still bring used. Maybe a call to customer service may give you more data.
            Thanks. So if the new HUB can be flashed with the old HUB's ID does that mean this will be able to pickup and recognize all the devices it manages and I can see on my phone which is now paired with the new HUB? In fact I recall when I start my app I need to do a sign in and that appears to be against Insteon? This means Insteon have all the devices IDs and the links / scenes in their database?

Comment

The HUB has to have all the modules it controls ID in its Link Database and the programs to control them.
              The other module have to have the HUBs ID and any other modules that controls it links in it or it ignores the commands as not from a known module.
              The normal HUB has a different ID and will not control any of the presently installed modules if they are nor updated or the replacement HUB has all the old HUBs programs in it and it has the same Insteon ID as the old one.

Comment

Working...
              X