Insteon Hub (model 2245-222, firmware 1019) stuck at red light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon Hub (model 2245-222, firmware 1019) stuck at red light

I'm trying to get my lights setup for the holidays and I'm running into the issue that my Hub is stuck on the red light that indicates a problem starting up. I did a network reset, factory reset, and the device remains stuck. Even tried making a new account to try and set the reset Hub up fresh.

Found the page with network diagnostics (https://www.insteon.com/support-know...on-diagnostics) and a test reveals that the Hub is failing the following tests:
    • Test 2: Internet Time Server Reachable
    • Test 5: Active Remote Connection to Insteon Servers
    Earlier in my testing, it was passing Test 2, so I'm confident that my network is set up properly (Comcast in Illinois), and given that I can access the info page on the Hub, the device doesn't seem to be bricked.

Is anyone else experiencing these failures as well?

Thanks in advance,

-Chris

PS. Hub details:

Screen Shot 2021-11-28 at 8.32.06 AM.png
    Last edited by audaciouscode; 11-28-2021, 07:35 AM.

I also want to note that other devices on the network can reach the Internet Time Servers reliably. so I don't know what's causing the Hub to intermittently fail Test 2.

I also wanted to add that I've been using this configuration with no issues for years - this has only become a problem recently. This isn't a new setup gone wrong - it's an existing setup that stopped working.

Comment

Recently had this issue on a hub in my moms house. Worked with Insteon support to no success. Ended up just purchasing a refurbished hub and they migrated the existing Insteon configuration to it. New hub arrived and instantly worked with existing devices and scenes. Cost was like $40.

Comment

I came back to it later in the day and there was a green light and it passed all the tests, but before I could get it setup again, it went back to the red light and consistently failing the #5 Active Remote Connection to Insteon Servers test.

If the only solution is to purchase a new Hub, then I'll be skipping that step and accelerate my migration to Hue and Zigbee-based products. It'll suck to se that Insteon investment get retired, but if I'm just signing up to do this all over again in an undetermined amount of time, I'm out.

Comment

You might try reaching out to support to see if they will migrate and replace the Hub for you.

Comment

Quick update here - I managed to fix the issue by removing an unused MoCA adapter from my network, deleting my account (with assistance from Insteon support), and factory-resetting the hub. Once I did that, it rebooted back to the red light, so I unplugged it again, let it sit for a while, and reconnected it and everything was green. I rebuilt my local Insteon network manually (just over 20 devices) and things seem to be back to normal.

Comment

I had a similar issue and it turned out to be the dreaded failed capacitor. I ended up replacing the capacitor and one other capacitor on the main board and the hub is working perfectly. It would work for a while, fail, then if I let it cool down, it would work again for a while.

Comment

it's frustrating to hear about the issues you're facing with your Insteon Hub! It's always a bummer when technology doesn't cooperate, especially during the holiday season.
                Last edited by INSTEON John; 12-11-2023, 01:49 PM. Reason: Displaying links to external sites that have nothing to do with the topic - SPAM

Comment

Working...
                X