Unable to link Google Assistant with hub 2245

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to link Google Assistant with hub 2245

When I try to re link Google Assistant on my phone to Insteon I get a message "No devices were found in your Insteon account".

I had unlinked Insteon in an attempt to fix some sporadic issues but now I cannot re-link. I used to also have Google Home installed on my phone (I don't remember why I installed it) and it showed the devices but all showed offline. I tried to unlink there as I found on the internet that doing so should remove all of my 30 or so devices but the would not go away. I purged storage for both Assistant and Home and uninstalled but no matter what combination I try I cannot make Assistant link to Insteon (always get the above error).

Gene V

Screenshot attached
    Attached Files

Comment

I just set this up from scratch, for the first time, and I didn't have any issues getting connected. (Fairly proud of myself right now )

The Google app was finding devices as I was adding them. On the main screen it did show cycling dots under the devices like it was trying to connect, but when I tapped in it displayed the current level correct.

It does look like the Insteon side and Google side are working, so it might be an issue with the Hub login credentials entered inside the google app.

Comment

It connects fine ( I deliberately put in wrong password to see that error). The problem is it claims I have no devices.

Comment

There is only one email address there and that's the one I always use.

​​BIN: Hub2-V04-20140904

SwitchLincs, FanLincs, Keypads, plugin modules and wire in micro modules.

Comment

Working...
          X