Is my 2242-222 dead?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is my 2242-222 dead?

Good day. I have Hub 2242-222 and as of yesterday it won’t let me login to use the app.

I can login via http://connect.insteon.com which shows all my devices but not the current status or allow changes (ie off/on). This confirms my login info is correct.

The blue light on the top corner of the hub does not illuminate but the internet traffic lights on the back at the cat5 cable flicker (confirming it is getting signal). I have unplugged the power to restart it without success.
    Any suggestions or info would be appreciated.

The front LED being out is a bad sign for those units. Your best bet is to contact Insteon support and request a list of your devices, and, if under warranty, a new 2245-222 unit. Just note that the 2245-222 doesn't handle X10.

Comment

Posted - 05/21/2017 : 3:49:12 PM
      My 2242 hub is acting weird. After disconnecting from the power and internet router, it will no longer connect when I plug in the power and internet cable. Sometimes the LED does not light at all, and sometimes the LED will flash red. I have tried both mybkexperience network reset and factory reset (per the owner's manual) and get no beeps or any sound. Nothing seems to happen with the reset button. Any suggestions as to how to confirm if beyond recovery? This hub is 3+ years old, therefore out of warranty. I don't really want to get the new model as it is apparently not compatible with my X10 devices. Thinking of getting the UD ISY994i. Any insight would be appreciated.
      Last edited by brown7; 11-06-2021, 08:44 AM.

Comment

Looks like a copy and paste from the smarthome forums from 2017? Either way the info is correct. The 2245 models do not support X10, but that is clearly called out.

if you have a 2242 model Hub and are using it to control X10, but for whatever reason need a new controller, IMHO, the ISY-994i would be your best bet. Generally the ISY can accomplish most anything you can think of, without the need to know a computer language. You just need the ability to logically think through what you want to do. (If you are overseas, it is still possible. Just get the EU USB PLM, need to contact the Insteon sales team, and bind it to a Com port using a serial to USB converter)

Before purchasing, however, you also should do a little reading. While the ISY can handle X10 just fine, if you want to get fancy you will need to purchase a software add-on. Not a big deal, unless it is a surprise.

Comment

They're not even trying anymore! Smh

Comment

Working...
          X