HUB2 / iOS Mini Remote issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HUB2 / iOS Mini Remote issues

Hello, I'm having difficulty setting up mini-remotes in the iOS app with my Hub2. I can add my dimmers no problem, but I don't see a menu option to add the remotes.
    • If I try to add it as a keypad it times out saying "did not detect the set button",
    • if I try to add it as a sensor it seems to get the set button message but says "The detected device is not yet supported"
    • Anything else I try (including adding by device ID) results in the timeout
    Here's my setup
    • I have a HUB2 (2245-222 firmware 1019)
    • dimmers (2477D)
    • mini-remote 4's (2342-2)
    • App version:1.0.3.167
    • iPhone Xs
    • iOS 14.3
    I have multiple mini-remotes and I observe the same behavior on all of them. I've charged them and tried to sync at different ranges to the Hub.I've attached an image of what my add a new device screen looks like (no mini remote)

Any ideas?

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

So, you are using the new Insteon app. I believe I read somewhere (possibly here) that it does not support Mini Remotes.Or the Insteon cameras. Or a couple other devices. Try a search here. I couldn't find it.

Comment

Yes it does not support Mini Remotes.Or the Insteon cameras. Or a couple other devices liteblue official
      Last edited by Marquis; 01-20-2021, 10:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Marquis View Post
        If a service disruption or outage has occurred, you will be unable to access your Insteon Hub until service has been restored.
        Marquis – Did you mean to post this somewhere else? Your comment does not seem to address the issue posted by CyberBub. Just checking...

Comment

Thanks NdnaJnz, I downloaded the old "Insteon for Hub" app and it worked great. Shame on me for thinking the latest app would have the most capability :-)
          Last edited by CyberBub; 01-20-2021, 06:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Marquis View Post
            Yes it does not support Mini Remotes.Or the Insteon cameras. Or a couple other devicesTcsWebmail
            LiteBlue
            Upsers
            When signing into the Insteon App, you may occasionally encounter an alert informing you that the App was unable to establish a connection with Insteon's servers. There are several reasons why this may occur.
            • Insteon's servers have become unreachable

• Check that your device is still connected to the internet by attempting to browse to a website using your device's internet browser.
            • If you are on a hotel or business WiFi network, you may need to visit a website to accept the location's terms of service before your device is allowed to browse normally.

Insteon's Servers Have Become Unreachable

Check to see if Insteon's servers have encountered a service disruption by checking our System Status page.

If a service disruption or outage has occurred, you will be unable to access your Insteon Hub until service has been restored.

If you are still unable to connect to your Insteon Hub after following the above steps and no known system or service outages are in progress, contact Insteon Support (866-243-8022) and reference the steps in this article.
            Insteon Hub Not Found During Initial Setup

Notice: If you are receiving the following HSC-1-0 error message when attempting to add the hub, cancel out of setup, force-close the app and restart. Then attempt to log back in and add hub again. We are working on a fix to resolve this issue. Thank you for your patience.

When initially setting up your Insteon Hub, you may encounter an alert informing you that the app was unable to establish a connection to the Insteon Hub. There are several reasons why this may occur.
            • Your home's internet router or modem is not functioning properly
            • Insteon Hub may have become unplugged from ethernet or power

Basic Troubleshooting
            1. Ensure that your Insteon Hub is connected to a working power outlet and that the ethernet cable is firmly seated. It may be helpful to unplug and reinsert the ethernet cable. If your Hub shows a solid red status LED, your Hub is unable to connect to the internet.
            2. Confirm that your internet router and cable or DSL modem are connected to power and turned on. Learn how to Identify your router and cable or DSL modem.
            3. Check that your internet connection is working by attempting to browse to a website using another device or computer in your home.
            4. With Insteon Hub (2012), ensure that your smartphone or tablet is connected to the same WiFi network as your Insteon Hub.
            5. Try restarting your Insteon Hub by unplugging its power cord. Wait about 30 seconds and then reconnect your Hub to power.
            6. Try restarting your router and cable or DSL modem.

If none of the above steps resolved your issue, follow the steps outlined in this article to perform a network reset.
            Setting Up Insteon Hub (2012)
            • To setup and configure Insteon Hub (2012), connect your Insteon Hub to your router using the provided ethernet cable and power using the provided power cable.
            • You must be connected to the same WiFi network as your Insteon Hub.
              • If you have more than one WiFi router in your home, connect your Insteon Hub to the WiFi Router broadcasting the WiFi network that you regularly use.
              • If you are unsure which router broadcasts the WiFi network that you regularly use, try the following:
                • Unplug all of your routers from power
                • One at a time, connect a router to power and wait about 60 seconds
                • Check to see if your WiFi network is available from your device's settings
                • If nothing appears, unplug the just-connected router and try the next router
            • Download and install the Insteon app from your device's app store.
            • Create an account.
            • When asked to scan the label on the bottom of your Hub, tap Help.
            • Tap My Hub Doesn't Have a QR Code.
            • The Insteon App should find your Hub and complete setup.
            • After setup is complete, you may need to connect your Insteon Hub to a different router to configure port forwarding if you would like to control and monitor your home when you are away.
            Setting Up Insteon Hub (2014)

To setup and configure Insteon Hub (2014), connect your Insteon Hub to your router using the provided ethernet cable and power using the provided power cable.
            • After about 30 seconds, you should hear a single beep and the status LED will glow solid green. If the status LED turns red, your Hub is not connected to the internet.
            • Download and install the Insteon app from your device's app store.
            • Create an account.
            • When asked to scan the label on the bottom of your Hub, align the QR Code displayed on screen with the QR Code printed on the bottom of the Hub. The Insteon app should find your Hub and complete setup.

Comment

Working...
            X