Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Insteon hub stopped working with network switch after power outage.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon hub stopped working with network switch after power outage.

My network:
    1. Google wifi mesh network
    2. TP Link TP-SG116 network switch
    I've been happily using my Insteon hub connected to my network switch for the last year plus without issue. Last night we had a power outage and since then my Insteon Hub is no longer connecting via my network switch. I am able to successfully achieve Hub connection when connected directly to my Google wifi router, but that's it.

I've experimented reserving a local IP address for the Hub in my Google wifi settings and disabling DHCP in the Insteon App but it doesn't work. When the switch is in the chain of connections the hub remains offline.

All of my other devices are working just fine through the switch as they were before the power outage. The only exception another old wired device, like the Insteon Hub, which is also unable to connect. It's an ancient smart sprinkler controller that I was also using with a reserved IP address.

Any support or ideas are much appreciated. The Insteon phone support people were completely unhelpful.

Thank you.

solved: half the ports in my network switch died overnight. The switch is the issue.

Comment

Working...
    X