New Hub not allowing Alexa app to connect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Hub not allowing Alexa app to connect

A couple weeks ago I replaced my dead hub with a new one (both 2245-222). I immediately updated from f/w 1016 to 1019. I reset all devices and connected to the new Hub. Old Insteon For Hub app works fine. New app – I don't even care because half the stuff doesn't work and the other half isn't even there. Plus, I have multiple cameras that work just fine with the old app. However, I am unable to get the Alexa app to connect or recognize any devices including the Hub itself. Alexa does find Roku and others. Alexa commands were working fine before my old Hub died two weeks ago. Am I doing something wrong, or did one of the newest f/w updates screw up the Alexa–Insteon skill?

PJL – Thanks. I hadn't tried using the web interface. I did initially delete the Insteon devices via the app. Now I just tried using the web interface and verified devices were actually deleted by the app, but the web interface also did not see any Insteon devices. I don't remember... is the Hub itself supposed to show up as a device?
    Last edited by NdnaJnz; 01-02-2021, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Restart your Alexa device and your smart home device by unplugging and plugging them back in. If a "No new devices found" message appears in the Alexa app, your device may have connected automatically using Amazon's Frustration-Free Setup technology.

omegle

Comment

To connect Alexa to a new WiFi network, open alex and tap devices. Then select Echo & Alexa and choose the Alexa device you want to connect to a new WiFi network. Finally, tap Change next to WiFi Network and enter the WiFi password for that network.

Comment

Working...
        X