Insteon hub web interface

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon hub web interface

I just logged into connect.insteon.com, and several of my devices are missing from the list (they are not missing in the new app).

connect.insteon.com was an old web interface for the 2242-222 Hub. It wont work for the newer versions. (2245-x22)

Which Hub are you using?

Comment

The app presents pre-defined icons fitted on a graphical screen. Words to describe and or label devices jcpenney associate kiosk. Adding a device to the Insteon hub is easy, just enter the type of device, and decide if you want to connect to it by ID or by pushing a button on the device to activate.
      Last edited by Howe; 04-21-2021, 09:19 AM.

Comment

How robust is this system? I want to use combination of din rail dimmers and on/off din rails with remote (scene) keypads and remotes switches in areas where I would need a physical switch. Would I be able to pair remote switches with specific din rail dimmers or on/off din rails?

Comment

Its pretty robust. You can even do all that with out the need for a controller or internet if you want.

Comment

By adding the controller what flexibility does that give me? As it pertains to a whole home automation.

Comment

Also when it comes to programing what's the level of difficulty in understanding the software?

Comment

The controller is the bridge between the switches and the digital world. It allows you to use your phone/tablet for control and set up, along with the ability to use Amazon Alexa, or Google Home for voice control of the devices.

There are a bunch of controllers out there, and they vary on what they can do. The forum members will usually recommend one of the two below:

The simplest controller is the Insteon Hub (#2245-222) The interface is completely app based and pretty easy to use. The hub does require internet. It gives you basic control of the devices, but will also let you set up links/scenes, and basic schedules.

The more advanced controller would be the Universal Devices ISY. (#ISY-994i) This is more of a computer based UI and doesn't have any real limitations, but it can get complex fast. You can use multiple protocols (e.g. Z-Wave, Hue, etc.), talk to IR devices, etc... You can use this without an internet connection, on an Ad-Hoc connection, but if you want the ability to use the voice assistants you would need to hook it up to the internet.

Comment

Thanks for the assist SeanM

Comment

Working...
                  X