Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Icon Switch Support with Hub2/Insteon App?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Icon Switch Support with Hub2/Insteon App?

I have multiple Insteon Icon Switches/dimmers that I have had installed for years and used with the insteon hub2 and insteon android app. Just recently these switches stopped responding to commands from the insteon app and are no longer recognized? If I try to remove them and add them again they will not add.

Has support for these Icon switches been discontinued? Is there any way to control these with the insteon app still or am I going to be forced to replace them?

Jim

I doubt support for a Icon switch would have been removed.
    Do all the Icons act the same or only some of them? It is possible due their age they are starting to get flaky or fail.
    Have you tried a factory reset on them to see if maybe they where in a strange state?

Comment

Do you have any 2443 Access Points, 2992-222 Range Extenders or Dual Band Module. That can couple between the two incoming power lines? Since Icon modules are power line only.
      You may want to use their built in communications tests.

If you have 2443 Access Points and they are any revision 2.0 and above. I would make sure they are still working. They are built on the base 2413 PLM main board and are known to have power supply issues. I had two of mine go bad with bad power supplies.

Comment

I'm not using any access points or Range Extenders, although I do have multiple dual band switches that should be coupling the AC phases for insteon powerline traffic. This switch was working fine for control from the app and then suddenly stopped working. I haven't tried any of the other icon switches, that's a good idea. Also the self diagnostic and factory reset sounds like a good idea too.

Can anyone provide instruction on how to factory reset and run local diagnostics on an icon dimmer switch?

Comment

Factory Reset:
          There should be a little set button at the bottom of the paddle. Pull that out so it disables power to the switch.
          In one motion press and hold that set button down for 15 seconds. After that let go and a second or two later it should turn On. This is easier to do with the switch plate off.
          I don't expect the Icon switch to have an audible noise like you would here from the current devices.

For diagnostics there is not a whole lot you can do other than check behavior. Can it be linked to another device, preferably a dual-band device?..will it control the load from the paddle?, etc...

Going off of BLH's comment, you could try putting one of your dual-band devices into beacon mode. (Tap the set button four times quickly) The other dual band devices should respond and you will want to look for a mixture of blinking green and blinking red. Greens are on the opposite phase while Reds are on the same phase. If you see a mixture then your electrical phases are most likely bridged provided its a standard two-phase setup. If you see a device that is dual band and not responding it may be bad and could be the source of the bad communication.

Comment

Working...
          X