Controlling external custom devices via API using the hub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Controlling external custom devices via API using the hub

I have custom device based on Raspberry Pi I would like to control it via API from the hub and make it part of scenes and control via Insteon keypad. In the API documentation that I have read, I cannot find the capability to do anything like that. Any help is appreciated.

I don't believe the hub allows that for end users. Its possible with larger established companies but not for the avg user. You would need a 2413u and your own software. There are 3rd party controllers such as the isy994 that allow you to accomplish what you are trying to do

Comment

The Insteon protocol is proprietary so you need some type of signal converter (2413S or 2413U) attached to your Pi to communicate out to the Insteon devices, or retrieve Insteon signaling to trigger something else.

Comment

I guess I could use the relay or serial module. But since my device is IP enabled I thought I could use the hub API to produce the results I want. So low tech to setup Insteon Relay module to to communicate with my PI based device. I would like to create virtual switch in the hub and via API and control my application.

Comment

Working...
        X