Hub 2245 does not control X10 portable modules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hub 2245 does not control X10 portable modules

I have an Insteon Hub 2245 which works great. I have installed a few X10 receptacles and they respond to commands from the Hub perfectly. The problem is that the Hub will not control any X10 Appliance or Dimmer modules. I have tried all locations in my house, I have also installed an Insteon Range Extender but nothing fixes the problem. Any suggestions? Thank you

A Range Extender will do nothing for X10. It is only processes Insteon RF and power line commands. Actually no Insteon modules will repeat X10 commands and most will not respond to X10 commands.

Only the older 2242 HUB does X10 correctly.

Are the Lamp Module Soft Start? Where they ramp On and Off at maybe a two second rate.

Smarthome used a different X10 dimmer command Preset Dim and Standard Dim. The X10 Soft Start used Extended Code Dim and Standard Dim. Possible the Preset Dim is being sent.

Comment

Thank you BLH,
      My mistake, actually I have both a 2245 and a 2242 installed in the same network. What I poorly explained was that the 2242 controls the x10 receptacles but not the x10 portable Appliance or Dimmer modules. Other than that both Hubs work correctly.

Thanks,

Comment

Why can’t my 2242 control the X10 Appliance and Dimmer modules?

Comment

X10 is notorious for being finicky due to Powerline noise. My first guess would be noise on the Powerline un the location that it's at.

After that, I would look at what you are controlling as that could be the culprit as well. Unfortunately without details in regards to your setup, it's hard to help troubleshoot. Simply saying not working is akin to taking your car to the dealer and saying it's broke but nothing else .
          Last edited by lilyoyo1; 09-04-2019, 09:30 PM.

Comment

Thank you. Let me expand, my 2242 Hub does control several x10 receptacles that I have around the house. The portable Appliance/Dimmer modules I have plugged around the house as well with/without load. I have even plugged them on the uncontrolled side of the x10 outlets that the Hub controls. But no joy.
            I can’t figure this out?
            Thanks

Comment

Can they be controlled by other x10 compatible devices

Comment

Thank You!!! Yes an x10 controller does control the portable Appliance/Dimmer modules, how come the 2242 only controls the receptacles?
                I appreciate your help.

Comment

Working...
                X